Hotel recommendations in and around Llangollen

Fishcake

Any help with recommendations for reasonably priced hotel in or around Llangollen would be appreciated. If they are fisherman friendly all the better :thumbs:

andygrey

I stayed at the Bryn Howel Hotel in Llangollen at a GAIA event earlier this year.
As far as being 'fisherman friendly' they didn't get too bumpy over a rather drunken midnight casting competition from the carpark into the front doors...

Cheers

Andy

garyatwyffs

The Hand Hotel is okay and very angler friendly, they host the Grayling International and other comps. They do a good rate for anglers also. I'm pretty sure they have a couple of guest tickets available also to fish the Dee.

Hope this helps,

Gary.

richfish1

The Hand Hotel is okay and very angler friendly, they host the Grayling International and other comps. They do a good rate for anglers also. I'm pretty sure they have a couple of guest tickets available also to fish the Dee.

Hope this helps,

Gary.
+ 1, lovely place :thumbs: http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CEgQFjAA&url=http://www.hand-hotel-llangollen.com/&ei=zRfnUL3jEMPs0gWV-4CQAg&usg=AFQjCNF5cdRqsNGRVcJg_c-j9bgeyMAaqQ&sig2=j1GN522h7bgC5jB79YJaWg&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.d2k

G

Guest111

Have a look on late rooms, if you can get a deal on the white waters hotel i'd recommend that, there base rate of £130+ is out of my league, but they occasionally do rooms in advance for £35-45 which is a bargain, best hotel in Llangollen, no problem parking, good food, plus some free fishing.

Regards,
Terry

jne fisherman

There's The Lord Morton and Lion Quays about 10/15 minutes away from Llangollen we use both of them when we're working in Chirk.

There's also The Hand in Chirk although I haven't stayed there in years so couldn't honestly comment on what it's like now.

We used to use The Hand in Llangollen but it wasn't too good when we did (it couldn't be any worse now than it was then) hopefully it's changed ownership.

rmcconn

The Hand hotel is great - I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

There's also the Wild Pheasant along the A5, but a bit pricey.

rmcconn

Forgot to mention the White Waters which is a bit further along the A5, but more of a fishing hotel. Not sure about pricing.
I believe casting tuition and guiding are available as well. but a phone call will confirm.

chinghis

Llangollen appears to attract very strong positive and negative views about accommodation. Parking can be a problem in town so need somewhere that has it's own. I drove the A5 between Corwen and Llangollen on Saturday. Noticed some nice looking places near Corwen but have not stayed in any.

My brother in law (a railway fanatic) who visits LLangollen frequently has taken to staying in the Premier Inn in Oswestry. He reckons if you avoid peak times it's the best value locally.