How hard is gsp on bobbins?

webblade

I was thinking of trying out some Veevus gsp 50 but I don't want to ruin my Norvise Auto bobbin so I'm wondering how hard it really is on bobbins?

arkle

If your tying lots 0of sea flies, with really cheaqqpo bobbin holders expect trouble after a few flies, Eferyone else will probably say use ceramic/ruby tipped etc, I've used normal Veniard's ones for years when tying salmon flies. This go's back to whem dyneema. nanothread, gsp & kevlar fisrt came on the market.

Never used a Norvice though, my only concern would be the narrow width of the diameter of the spool may cause some release issues as you wind, so ensure you wind the material on at an even tension & with as few twists as possible.

easker1

I started tying before Bobbins, I used to cut and wax a dozen 14 in lengths before starting then I got a bobbin holder I have Stonfo and a ceramic I use one with Kevlar and I have had no problems, easker1

speytime

I started tying before Bobbins, I used to cut and wax a dozen 14 in lengths before starting then I got a bobbin holder I have Stonfo and a ceramic I use one with Kevlar and I have had no problems, easker1
They must be mean fish your catching using Kevlar thread for your flies 😁
Does it serve a particular purpose or is it purely for its strength you use it?

Al

Latest posts