How much is yours.

G

GEK79

Just looking at buying my salmon licence for next year and great price.
I don't have to pay for most of my lough fishing tho some loughs are owned and charge as they should..
Which brought me to wonder how much is a licence wherw you are.
Thanks
Gary.

shortcircuit

I don't fish for salmon or sea trout, so I don't have to pay for the state licence.

My local club membership is €20 for the year.

I fish in the sea in the winter and the odd time in the summer- that's free !

jaybeegee

For a gentleman of a (ahem) certain age, such as I 🧐....twenty quid. That’s for trout and coarse fish, I don’t know how much a salmon licence is these days.
B

G

GEK79

I don't fish for salmon or sea trout, so I don't have to pay for the state licence.

My local club membership is €20 for the year.

I fish in the sea in the winter and the odd time in the summer- that's free !
I have to have a salmon licence for the two rivers as they have salmon and sea trout in them.. That's great Value for you ... 😜😜

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul_B

Licence prices depend on the type of fish you are fishing for and the number of rods you use.

Licence typeTrout and coarse 2-rodTrout and coarse 3-rodSalmon and sea trout
1-day£6Not available£12
8-day£12Not available£27
12-month£30£45£82
12-month - over 65 or disabled£20£30£54
12-month - junior (13 to 16)FreeFreeFree

G

GEK79

I live in Scotland, fish in Scotland and have to buy an EA licence!
Border Esk... water and fish are English apparently.
Not altogether sure why that's being brought up! Post about licence fees..ao why am I paying a licence to fish for Atlantic salmon.. Just the way it is in afraid.

ian74

Not altogether sure why that's being brought up! Post about licence fees..ao why am I paying a licence to fish for Atlantic salmon.. Just the way it is in afraid.
I merely said I have to buy a licence in Scotland, in reply to a post you liked!
What did you expect brought up?

Last edited:

streams

Certain age gets me a rod licence for a fiver,department of culture,I think that's their title, £17 for all their waters and £30 yearly club membership on different stretches of two rivers plus a small club lake

JayP

In Portugal my freshwater licence was about €7 a year which would give you access to a fair bit of water for free, the fishing club cost was €19 and gave you access to about 10km of prime trout streams, in 4 years fishing the same water I only ever saw 3 other anglers.

My annual rod licence for the Castilla y Leon region of Spain was €22 a year and you could fish free waters on that too inc some of the best trout rivers in the country if not Europe. The other notable thing with Spain was the regularity my paperwork was checked, even in the back of beyond a 4x4 would often turn up with an armed official eager to see everything was in order, I'm pretty stealthy when I fish so these guys definitely bring their spotting A game to work with them!

We all know what we get here in England for our money!

G

GEK79

In Portugal my freshwater licence was about €7 a year which would give you access to a fair bit of water for free, the fishing club cost was €19 and gave you access to about 10km of prime trout streams, in 4 years fishing the same water I only ever saw 3 other anglers.

My annual rod licence for the Castilla y Leon region of Spain was €22 a year and you could fish free waters on that too inc some of the best trout rivers in the country if not Europe. The other notable thing with Spain was the regularity my paperwork was checked, even in the back of beyond a 4x4 would often turn up with an armed official eager to see everything was in order, I'm pretty stealthy when I fish so these guys definitely bring their spotting A game to work with them!

We all know what we get here in England for our money!
That's fantastic value. Most of the loughs I fish here are free I was sheltering in a storm having a mug of tea and 2 bailiffs appeared and asked me what I was fishing for..

Last edited by a moderator:

Mies

Just looking at buying my salmon licence for next year and great price.
I don't have to pay for most of my lough fishing tho some loughs are owned and charge as they should..
Which brought me to wonder how much is a licence wherw you are.
Thanks
Gary.

From the Irish Inlands Fisheries website.

Salmon Licence Fees​

• All Districts (i.e. all Regions) Annual: €100
  • Juvenile (under the age of 18 years) All Districts Annual: €10
  • One District, Annual: €56
  • All districts, 21 Days: €40
  • All districts, 1 Day: €20
  • Foyle Area Extension: €80
  • Special local licence: €24

G

GEK79

From the Irish Inlands Fisheries website.

Salmon Licence Fees​

• All Districts (i.e. all Regions) Annual: €100
  • Juvenile (under the age of 18 years) All Districts Annual: €10
  • One District, Annual: €56
  • All districts, 21 Days: €40
  • All districts, 1 Day: €20
  • Foyle Area Extension: €80
  • Special local licence: €24
The two rivers next to me are free to fish provided I have the state licence. The Erne which will be on my doorstep when we move has a local licence of 24 euros.. The Drowes which we know is an amazing river has tickets of 30 a day or 300 unlimited access per season.. The Drowes has good trout aswell..

G

GEK79

Certain age gets me a rod licence for a fiver,department of culture,I think that's their title, £17 for all their waters and £30 yearly club membership on different stretches of two rivers plus a small club lake
Great value again..