How to videos

JobberDun

As a beginner to fly fishing, I like to watch videos to help me understand what I should and should not be doing.

The problem I am finding, is that on YouTube, it appears to be videos of people fishing! No mention of what line, fly, etc they are using and why.

I am catching quite well at the moment, and on my last three trips I have been the angler with the most fish on bank. So I must be doing something right!

Am I the only person who is finding this?

Russ

Jason 70

On Youtube, you can find Mad River Outfitters yes it's a commercial channel. But they go through more or less everything, lines, knots, flys etc. It's an American channel but the guy who presents it has an easy-going manner. You can take more or less what you want from it. I like it.

PaulD

You might like to investigate the Game Angling Instructors Facebook entries . . .

JobberDun

On Youtube, you can find Mad River Outfitters yes it's a commercial channel. But they go through more or less everything, lines, knots, flys etc. It's an American channel but the guy who presents it has an easy-going manner. You can take more or less what you want from it. I like it.
Thank you Jason, the next time I get some solo time with the TV I will look for these.

JobberDun

You might like to investigate the Game Angling Instructors Facebook entries . . .

Thank you, I will certainly look at that