If Carlsberg Made a Centre Pin Reel

marlinleg

Haveing just read a post from November2019 Centre Pin Reels . Can I share this
Looking at the forum I spotted Coarse fishing . As a 72 yr old who was introduced to fishing by My uncle Sid at the age of 12 first in the gravel pits for Bream then when I was a little older the River Trent on the steps in front of Nottingham Forest Ground . I saved and saved doing a paper round for a Centre Pin I eventually saved £6 and 10 shillings for a 4 1/2 inch Allcock’s match aerial centre pin I still have it to this day original box and tissue paper ,it was and still is the Ultimate long trotting reel . I have just spun it in the box it ran for
28.9 seconds . It really was the dream reel .
S.ALLCOCK & CO OF REDDITCH
Gone now
71BD6A18-0238-4FBE-9D4A-6DAD8EA2F802.jpegA9937636-A2D8-4300-8740-F94D9DDC479A.jpegAF4E29AA-DF34-48C9-96D8-2DE8847EC158.jpegC75D238B-A32E-4F45-B7F3-EB3343FF0ADC.jpeg

kevin55

London NW; originally from South Derbyshire
My dad and uncle took me to a retired miner's home in South Derbyshire, aged 12. He had an Aerial and a Mitchell Otomatic for sale, both were bought to my delight, I have them still aged 64 and caught a barbel trotting on the Ivel a few years ago with the Aerial. They are wonderful reels

jaybeegee

Lovely reel. I was given a very similar one by a very dear fishing mate who is sadly no longer with us, it was later stolen by a toe rag who probably sold it for drugs and it still hurts. I use a Leeds ‘pin now but it’s not a patch.

B

Paul_B

Haveing just read a post from November2019 Centre Pin Reels . Can I share this
Looking at the forum I spotted Coarse fishing . As a 72 yr old who was introduced to fishing by My uncle Sid at the age of 12 first in the gravel pits for Bream then when I was a little older the River Trent on the steps in front of Nottingham Forest Ground . I saved and saved doing a paper round for a Centre Pin I eventually saved £6 and 10 shillings for a 4 1/2 inch Allcock’s match aerial centre pin I still have it to this day original box and tissue paper ,it was and still is the Ultimate long trotting reel . I have just spun it in the box it ran for
28.9 seconds . It really was the dream reel .
S.ALLCOCK & CO OF REDDITCH
Gone now
View attachment 27899View attachment 27900View attachment 27901View attachment 27902
probable one of the best reels ever made, my dad used one and if you gave the reel a light tap as you cast you could get a float to the other side of the Trent, my brother still has it but his grand kids are good fishermen so they deserve it :)

marlinleg

thank you all for your replies this may help someone
I had my Allocks Ariel reel serviced by Garry A guy who actually worked at Allocks before they closed down
Great Service and he fitted a new ratchet button on the back of the reel
When I rang him to book a service he did say it will quite a time, it was around 10 months as he had a lot of work on . Reel came back perfect . Highly recommended
Link below

https://www.milltackle.com

3DDFB629-52CB-401F-B41C-6F58C3DEBA7F.jpeg

kevin55

London NW; originally from South Derbyshire
thank you all for your replies this may help someone
I had my Allocks Ariel reel serviced by Garry A guy who actually worked at Allocks before they closed down
Great Service and he fitted a new ratchet button on the back of the reel
When I rang him to book a service he did say it will quite a time, it was around 10 months as he had a lot of work on . Reel came back perfect . Highly recommended
Link below

https://www.milltackle.com

View attachment 28000
He makes some very nice reels of his own that are sought after

beetlebum

I was lucky enough to be invited onto the River Hodder last winter for a day's trotting with my uncle. I had a centrepin that I'd bought for very little money (Chinese £30 job) and my uncle had his match aerial. I made the mistake of having a go with his set up and that was it, as soon as I got home and had sufficiently defrosted I spent the evening scanning the internet for my own match aerial and eventually found one in very good condition. I am from an engineering background so when I received it and unpacked it I just stood spinning it in my living room with a big grin on my face. Brilliant reels, probably one of the few pieces of tackle I will never sell.

Latest posts