If you are in the market for a new wading staff..

Mrtrout

I hope they are better than the Bear Claw wading boots they sold. :eek:mg:
S.

fredaevans

If you want a SERIOUS wading staff you go here: Wading Staffs

Had mine made (to order as all are) so it comes almost up to the middle of my nose. Great for poking and prodding in front of you as you wade. Staffs, at least mine and I think that's the norm, is at least 1" thick so you can really put your weight to the thing and IT WILL NOT BEND like a wet noodle.

'Cheap' they are not but I figure, dived by years of use, this thing has cost me less than ten buck per.

Pretty cheap for a great life insurance policy! :thumbs: Taking a swim in a Pacific Northwest River is not an option....

fae

taffy1

If you want a SERIOUS wading staff you go here: Wading Staffs

Had mine made (to order as all are) so it comes almost up to the middle of my nose. Great for poking and prodding in front of you as you wade. Staffs, at least mine and I think that's the norm, is at least 1" thick so you can really put your weight to the thing and IT WILL NOT BEND like a wet noodle.

'Cheap' they are not but I figure, dived by years of use, this thing has cost me less than ten buck per.

Pretty cheap for a great life insurance policy! :thumbs: Taking a swim in a Pacific Northwest River is not an option....

fae

Well said Fred, why spend big bucks on rods, reels & lines then be a cheapskate on stuff that could save a life?

luke troutstalker

Banned
Banned
Well said Fred, why spend big bucks on rods, reels & lines then be a cheapskate on stuff that could save a life?

Not everybody is wading the Potomac for winter run steelhead.
Carting around a 10lb telephone pole is not necessary for most trout and grayling fishing.

taffy1

Not knocking your original post LT, just some people prefer these cheap collapsible/telescopic type staffs that just ain't designed for the purpose intended. :thumbs:

richfish1

Do you let it hang behind you when not in use like you did with your other one? Can't remember what you had it attached to? Gear keeper?
Edit: obviously you do.... second question still applicable though.

taffy1

mebu

Bought one recently on fleabay - a 2-piece, with screw fitting, wooden one made by some bloke in Northumberland, £40 posted, think it's probably the best I've had, very stout (have lost faith in folding and telescopic ones after several incidents).
Has good bit of weight in the toe, and good handle.

Happy to recommend them.

Peter

luke troutstalker

Banned
Banned
I have made several, for myself and fishing pals. I used the butt section of glass or carbon carp rods, just fancied treating myself.

Latest posts