im buying a boat

suzuki15hp

fishing circle in uk and ireland news travels fast yes brexit and quarantine are not going to help but 6 mths later
This is on his facebook page dated 3rd March. Maybe not quite time to panic yet, but maybe search out someone local to him to check if all is well.
Here's his facebook page

D.C BOATS

Unfortunately due to a family emergency the workshop will be closed for the rest of the week. I won't be available to take calls, but will try my best to respond to messages. I apologise for any inconvenience, but hope you understand.

doobrysnatcher

This is on his facebook page dated 3rd March. Maybe not quite time to panic yet, but maybe search out someone local to him to check if all is well.
Here's his facebook page

D.C BOATS

Unfortunately due to a family emergency the workshop will be closed for the rest of the week. I won't be available to take calls, but will try my best to respond to messages. I apologise for any inconvenience, but hope you understand.
Here's his facebook page

D.C BOATS

thanks for that it sets my mind at ease for a few days maybe im just an alarmist

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
thanks for that it sets my mind at ease for a few days maybe im just an alarmist
Not at all Doobry, you just need to be kept informed, which obviously has not been happening one to one, but has been on the big old web.
Is a bad kop out by businesses nowadays.
Post it on facebook, and everything will be fine!
Well no, its not fine, get them to speak to you directly, send them that letter!

doobrysnatcher

Not at all Doobry, you just need to be kept informed, which obviously has not been happening one to one, but has been on the big old web.
Is a bad kop out by businesses nowadays.
Post it on facebook, and everything will be fine!
Well no, its not fine, get them to speak to you directly, send them that letter!
i agree it would be nice to get a phone call to reassure me , but i gave ampil time and chances to meet the march deadline ,on that ill give untill the end of march and then its all up to them ,ist day of restrictions relieved ill be at his work shop to either get a boat new or money back in full .,im fuming here now,

suzuki15hp

I don't think you're an alarmist. Given the circumstances you're right to be concerned.

Meanwhile, I would keep up the pressure via whatever message channel is open to you.

running bear

i agree it would be nice to get a phone call to reassure me , but i gave ampil time and chances to meet the march deadline ,on that ill give untill the end of march and then its all up to them ,ist day of restrictions relieved ill be at his work shop to either get a boat new or money back in full .,im fuming here now,
Poor form telling you of delays this far into the 'build'. Whatever issues he has this last few weeks doesn't excuse the last number of months.
It's really exciting waiting for a new boat, shame its went this way.

My opinion in these matters, if a company treats you poorly, they are probably treating others poorly also. If they treat lots of people poorly, word gets out and new orders slow. Cash flow is affected and they may not survive to finish the orders for the patient few that will stand by them. Experience would tell me to get out asap with your cash, go elsewhere, even if it does shaft your season.

bluezulu49

Sorry to hear about your problem with the boat builder. How did you make payment? Will you be able to make a chargeback it he does not deliver?

anzac

It's easy to go straight to panic mode when a significant amount of money (2/3rds of the cost of a boat) is involved. It's also disappointing when you don't get an order boat when it's expected. It sounds like the builder's life is unravelling a wee at the edges, and that is getting in the way of getting work done.

That said, I would not cancel, but I would keep the builder accountable. For me that would mean contacting him at least once each week until the boat is in the water and your *ars* is out in it fishing.

doobrysnatcher

i was reassured yesterday my boat will be ready soon i was sent pictures of one straight out of the mold its now in its next phase ,and to cheer me up a little i purchased a new engine which i got to collect today ill post a few pictures later on thanks for the support

doobrysnatcher

IMG_20210326_142502.jpg
boat outta mould 2021.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts