5,6,15,18 and a beer on the river bank after finishing over 7% strengthI'm sure that there is many things that are important to an individual angler. Just to get a feel for this I listed some of the well stated ones.
Put your top 4 in order of importance to you personally
1. The size of fish (ie the bigger the better)
2. The quantity caught (ie the more the better)
3. The method
4. The surroundings (ie the beauty of the location)
5. The nature (ie, the Fauna and Flora, wild animals, flowers, etc)
6. The solitude (fishing an upland burn in splendid isolation)
7. The comradeship/companionship (ie Sharing banter in a boat)
8. Total escapism from real life
9. The joy of seeing the swirl to your fly
10 The joy of the pull/tug
11. The anticipation of the take (whether or not you catch anything)
12. The connection after the take
13. Playing the fish
14. Successfully landing the fish
15. Wild Fish
18. Running water
19. Still Waters
20. Not fishing much but participating a lot on this forum
21. Any Others.
The above, just to mention a few, feel free to add more. Any comments welcome as to your preferences.