In the nick of time!

eddleston123

Just took delivery of a new rod today - The delivery man was just away, when my wife came round the corner.
Managed too hide it in my wardrobe just in the nick of time!

Not an expensive rod by any means - it was a Wychwood Drift 11' 3# purchased from Uttings - rrrp £135 - their price £99
Ordered on Monday night arrived today. Good value rod and good service.

I wasn't expecting miracles from this rod at that price, but I was pleasantly surprised at the finish, which I can only describe as excellent.
It came in a robust tube with a good quality rod bag. I'm glad it didn't come with dividers.

Now the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I'll have to wait until January (opening of the upper tweed grayling season) and I'll report back then.
I suppose it will be only then whether or not I can class the rod as good value or not.

In the meantime, I'll need to sneak the rod from my cupboard to my tackle store - I'll wait till the OH is in bed!!

Douglas

Last edited:

keef68

Brilliant!

My other half and I used to work in the same office. One day I nipped out at lunchtime to the local tackle shop and bought a new rod. Just a backup and not too expensive. At the end of the working day we walked together to the car, with me holding the rod next to my umbrella without her noticing. Got home, and I popped the rod straight into the umbrella stand, then spirited it away upstairs while she was in the kitchen. Result!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mebu

I know how you feel Douglas - I've just ordered a new rod (Greys Streamflex 10ft 3wt, had one a few years ago and liked it, saw one going cheap the other day). Not sure when it'll get used for a while though.

original cormorant

Brilliant!

My other half and I used to work in the same office. One day I nipped out at lunchtime to the local tackle shop and bought a new rod. Just a backup and not too expensive. At the end of the working day we walked together to the car, with me holding the rod next to my umbrella without her noticing. Got home, and I popped the rod straight into the umbrella stand, then spirited it away upstairs while she was in the kitchen. Result!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably too busy smuggling shoes past you to notice

Banksie

Just took delivery of a new rod today - The delivery man was just away, when my wife came round the corner.
Managed too hide it in my wardrobe just in the nick of time!

Not an expensive rod by any means - it was a Wychwood Drift 11' 3# purchased from Uttings - rrrp £135 - their price £99
Ordered on Monday night arrived today. Good value rod and good service.

I wasn't expecting miracles from this rod at that price, but I was pleasantly surprised at the finish, which I can only describe as excellent.
It came in a robust tube with a good quality rod bag. I'm glad it didn't come with dividers.

Now the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I'll have to wait until January (opening of the upper tweed grayling season) and I'll report back then.
I suppose it will be only then whether or not I can class the rod as good value or not.

In the meantime, I'll need to sneak the rod from my cupboard to my tackle store - I'll wait till the OH is in bed!!

Douglas
Reminds me of when I was a kid, and I hid an air-rifle in the wardrobe.

PaulD

"Another rod? Haven't you got enough?" "Let's talk about your shoes and handbags . . ." Conversation usually stops.

colliedog

The various click and collect options offered by some on line retailers can be handy at times. I can get stuff delivered to a local filling station or convenience store, pick it up and smuggle it in at my leisure 😉

rusty

Douglas,

Come on be upfront with us! How many rods does that make?
Do you have a house with a priest hole?

A bit guilty myself. Rods in the hall, on the landing, in the spare bedroom, in my wardrobe, on the side of the wardrobe, in the corner of my bedroom, in the fly dressing room, in a friend,s house too because of the proximity of good local water and the beach!

Note, no rods in a garage or shed!

Rusty

mebu

My new stream flex arrived today. Sads law, cannot use it until Wales is open again.

Latest posts