Indicator - knot to allow the indicator to be adjustable

kenyanscott

Hi guys

Probably not one for the purists.

I’m learning different techniques at the moment and one that is eluding me is buzzer fishing with an indicator.

However I’m not one for using those pre made indicators, and am tying my own version with hooks on them.

But I’m looking for a knot that will allow me to tie on an indicator with a hook and allow it to move as I search for the depth of the fish?

Any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lee71

When fishing buzzer I like to tie the indicator to the tippet and then tie a length of line to suit the depth you need to the hook bend of the indicator then tie my buzzer to that, the only prob is you can't change depth quickly.

wobbly face

Another method that I have used for river fishing; dry or your indicator fly tied on jig hook which is tied as normal on the end of your leader. You then pass a length (whatever length you want) of mono through the eye of the jig hook. You then attach the mono to your leader using a sliding knot, you may need a second knot (sliding barrel) to stop the mono sliding too easily down your leader. Attach nymph or whatever to the other end of mono hanging down from the jig hook. The only thing is you have double mono going to your dry/indicator fly which may put fish off.
A good fish will obviously pull the mono down the leader which can be a bit nerve wracking at first as you feel it happening. :eek: Also the sliding of the mono may distort your leader so keep a close on things.