Indicator material

lavo85

Im using amnesia in red and yellow as my sighter material when nymphing, just wondering what others are using?

The amnesia can be difficult to pick up in some light conditions.

rabmax

I have tried most things out probably over the years.Yes some monofilament are more visible than Amnesia.My son lost my white XPS. I have been using for my nymph leaders.So i have been using red amnesia recently. Spanish type leader 20 30ft or whatever length you want of 10lb red Amnesia. Then 14ft 6lb Amnesia to a 1mm tippet ring.Over the years I have struggled to see all of them.Rio'CortlandPezon line'Orvis & others.I keep going back to one or two braid backing barrels.l leaving one small tag on .I add to the end of my Amnesia or on my tippet section.I carry a couple of sticks of neon wax & a couple neon paint pens.It's all personal preference.But with paint on wax & other new stuff there is no need for expensive bi-colour mono anymore.I really like gold stren for nymph leaders too.Braid barrels are more visible than any bi-colour mono on the market.Give them a try .

running bear

Amnesia, braided hends type, backing line, a foot of running line of a WF2 marked with a sharpie if im really struggling. I used to have pink maxima which was excepional, but lost somewhere and they stopped making it.

Currently 'furled' amnesia is my favourite, thicker than straight amnesia yet doesnt hold water like a braided mono type. You can furl a single colour or mix the red and yellow. I will post some images this evening if i get a chance.

Last edited:

Latest posts