Instructions for posting photos

FlyForumAdmin

Open an account with photobucket.
http://photobucket.com/

Upload picture to bucket site (click upload picture then browse to where pic is on pc).

Click in the box named IMG, and right click, copy.

Come back to the post you are doing here (helps to have 2 windows open)

Right click and paste in the post where you want your picture to appear.

guest40

Open an account with photobucket.
http://photobucket.com/

Upload picture to bucket site (click upload picture then browse to where pic is on pc).

Click in the box named IMG, and right click, copy.

Come back to the post you are doing here (helps to have 2 windows open)

Right click and paste in the post where you want your picture to appear.

I've got my picture in photobucket, where is IMG box please

stuartp

Can this be updated with instructions on how to post pictures with the new software please?

nackymoo

well i tried all that but it didnt work , i have been a member of the clarks vintage reel forum for a while and i post loads of fotos all the time but this one seems very awkward , i cant seem to link this site to my photobucket account , which will make it easy to upload fotos in bulk. it seems un-neccessarily difficult to create an album or just to post fotos on a thread..

guest21

I've got my picture in photobucket, where is IMG box please

It really is very easy .....

photoshop.jpg

Cap'n Fishy

any way to do it without making a photo bucket account?

I don't have any Photobucket or Flickr or any of them fancy-dan things, but I do have some web-space (not difficult to get for free these days). I put my photos up onto it using FTP software.

Any JPEG that is on the internet can be inserted into a post, as long as you have a url for it. Just click the symbol at the top of the message box that looks like an envelope with mountains on it (post photo - geddit?). That brings up a box to enter your url into. It will start you off with...

'http://'

...and you want to end it with '.jpg'

That's all I have ever used.

If using it, I recommend sizing your photos 758 pixels wide or tall as the longer dimension. The forum software will reduce the standard view of them to that anyway, so making them that size (rather than larger) allows you to maximise the quality (less JPEG compression required).

Hope that makes sense.

Col

PS: The forum albums upload your photos direct from your PC. Not sure if you can transfer them straight from your album to a post? I had an inkling that you can???

mebu

I've opened an account with photobucket and I still cannot post a photo. When I try to start a new thread it says I may not post attachment.

How do I post a photo? Help please

Peter

Cap'n Fishy

... it says I may not post attachment.

Hi Peter/

Have you actually tried it? I think posting an 'attachment' refers to something else (maybe admin would enlighten us as to what).

I suspect everyone sees the same message, but it is nothing to do with adding photos to posts?

Just go for it...;)

Col

Ephemera

Just managed to post a few pics from photobucket at last. When right clicking on the IMG and copying the link it would not upload the photos BUT when LEFT clicking on the IMG code it briefly displayed the word "COPIED" when pasted into the post on the forum it worked fine. Hope this helps.
Jonesy

bigbroony

3lbgrayling

I have no idea about tablets or smartphones or Galleries.But posting photos is really very simple.
'Once you know how';)

Jim