Fly Fishing Forum banner

Interesting few days.

816 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  GEK79 
#1 ·
On Satarday at burnhouse lochan.I got my 1st view for this year of the rare Tiaga Bean Geese which overwinter near my home.lovely smallgeese all the way from Siberia.
Then today. I saw several thousand Pinkfeet which spend a fair amount of time in the stirling area. before splitting up and travelling to Ireland and northern England.and on the was back to the car had a good closeup of a couple of female Hen harriers and a red kite . Brilliant. Still quite a lot of Swallows and Martins about but most seem to be slowly heading south

Jim

#2 · (Edited)
Do watch out for any geese with ID rings on their legs and/or necks and see if you can read them and make a note of the ID letters and ring colour if you spot any. A couple of years ago I spotted a pink-footed goose with ID ring in south Cheshire. Reporting the sighting revealed that it had been ringed in Iceland a few years previously (the country, not the frozen food shop, in case there are some comedians reading this!). So you never know what's going to turn up on your local pond. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.