Ireland and Britain removed from shipping options

webblade

I went on to adh fishing which is a German site to order some Stroft FC2 because they always have a good stock. Seen a message saying my address could not be shipped to so I selected to add another address. I couldn't find Ireland in the drop down box for country and Britain is not in the options either. I've emailed them and await a response but I'd be really shocked if they decided not to post to Britain because of Brexit. What shocks me more though is if they have decided to lump Ireland in there too considering we're a completely separate country. Surely the Germans know that at this stage? Will post the response when they email me I may be completely wrong but all other countries are still on the drop down list. Baffled.

Dingbat

I went on to adh fishing which is a German site to order some Stroft FC2 because they always have a good stock. Seen a message saying my address could not be shipped to so I selected to add another address. I couldn't find Ireland in the drop down box for country and Britain is not in the options either. I've emailed them and await a response but I'd be really shocked if they decided not to post to Britain because of Brexit. What shocks me more though is if they have decided to lump Ireland in there too considering we're a completely separate country. Surely the Germans know that at this stage? Will post the response when they email me I may be completely wrong but all other countries are still on the drop down list. Baffled.
Glorious isolation has its drawbacks

G

GEK79

Germans aren't aware of the brexit deal.. As you stated I'm sure Ireland still in the EU??

JayP

Screenshot_20201230-180454_Chrome.jpg

Elwyman

We are leaving the EU after 48 years of free trade with no customs barriers. Hopefully the new paperwork and IT won't take as long to sort out.

ohanzee

We chose not to have frictionless movement of goods and people, so EU suppliers have had to adjust their shipping policies, but the key bit is that they don't officially know what those are yet as we have still to ratify the deal.

original cormorant

That seems a very sensible approach if you get 3 working days notice of changes at a peak holiday season and it's a small proportion of your business.

BobP

Buy the blo*dy stuff elsewhere. I very much doubt that adh, whoever the hell they might be, are the only suppliers in the whole world. Alternatively switch brands. There are hundreds of different brands of leader material out there and most are as good, if not better, than Stroft. Still a lot of remoaners around, I see.

ohanzee

Buy the blo*dy stuff elsewhere. I very much doubt that adh, whoever the hell they might be, are the only suppliers in the whole world. Alternatively switch brands. There are hundreds of different brands of leader material out there and most are as good, if not better, than Stroft. Still a lot of remoaners around, I see.

Absolutely, he is free to buy from the rest of the world (y)