Ireland and Britain removed from shipping options

ohanzee

Do you think its possible that the EU will be pissy like this for some time...

If you have goods passing through the UK from Europe to Ireland you may see delays, I personally don't think that is German suppliers being pissy.

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
If you have goods passing through the UK from Europe to Ireland you may see delays, I personally don't think that is German suppliers being pissy.
But was the OP's point that he could not even order goods to do said passing through bit?
Someone is either ignorant of the statuus of Eire in the EU, or they are being just that, Pissy.
Bert

ohanzee

But was the OP's point that he could not even order goods to do said passing through bit?
Someone is either ignorant of the statuus of Eire in the EU, or they are being just that, Pissy.
Bert

In the event of predicted problems with freight movement? if overland there will be issues getting goods from mainland Europe to Ireland via the UK, that should be obvious given we are currently changing regulation.

No one had time to prepare for this properly, they need time to find alternative routes and systems, did anyone seriously think it would not cause logistical problems?

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
In the event of predicted problems with freight movement? if overland there will be issues getting goods from mainland Europe to Ireland via the UK, that should be obvious given we are currently changing regulation.

No one had time to prepare for this properly, they need time to find alternative routes and systems, did anyone seriously think it would not cause logistical problems?
Jeez oh Alan, we aint talking about a containerised lorry here, just a spool or two of nylon.
Think postal services could handle that, or are you seriously suggesting mail services are now looking for alternative routes, and systems?
If so, you are stark raving bonkers, or perhaps still full of remainers angst?!
Bert

ohanzee

Jeez oh Alan, we aint talking about a containerised lorry here, just a spool or two of nylon.
Think postal services could handle that, or are you seriously suggesting mail services are now looking for alternative routes, and systems?
If so, you are stark raving bonkers, or perhaps still full of remainers angst?!
Bert

UK in shock this morning as they discover for the first time that postal services rely on lorries.

Jeezo indeed, of course companies are looking for alternative routes and systems, we are about to leave the EU???

andygrey

I think that is possibly very likely.
The majority of small items from mainland Europe to the RoI will come by road via the UK.
I'd imagine that a lot of transport and courier companies are currently trying to unpick the details of the Brexit deal and work out new systems and protocols for transiting goods through a non EU country.

webblade

Ireland already has in place extra direct routes to and from France so no excuse really. Other EU sites I checked still posting to Ireland so stupid on the part of adh fishing imo. As I say though I may be wrong and still await their response to my email.

webblade

They say in that article that letters are unaffected. Well mine definitely would only have been letter post as it was only 3 spools of 25m stroft which are tiny spools. Why not just tell me they are not posting to Ireland right now due to delays? Instead no information just a message telling me my current address needs to be changed. Bad customer care imo.

Mies

They say in that article that letters are unaffected. Well mine definitely would only have been letter post as it was only 3 spools of 25m stroft which are tiny spools. Why not just tell me they are not posting to Ireland right now due to delays? Instead no information just a message telling me my current address needs to be changed. Bad customer care imo.

That's a little surprising. I've had dealings with various German companies over the years and found their customer service to be exemplary. As Dingbat said, probably just a glitch with their software.

Paul_B

I wonder if the delay is because of the China EU trade deal :unsure:

Thinking Maxcatch, I'll bet the problem is getting Mr Langley van started in this cold weather :ROFLMAO:

webblade

That's a little surprising. I've had dealings with various German companies over the years and found their customer service to be exemplary. As Dingbat said, probably just a glitch with their software.
I've never had a problem with them either. Until now.

Dingbat

All right

I rang them up - it is Brexit related and has to do with the fact that their carriers DHL and the German Post have to separate Ireland from Northern Ireland as destinations. They could fulfil orders but it is expected that the stuff would be lying around in a German depot for four weeks and that would harm their business so they would rather not fulfil. They expect it to last 2-3 weeks before the whole mess is sorted.

If somebody wants to take advantage of the 20% sale then send them a mail with the order and they will fulfil when the situation has bee sorted.

baca157

Not any more Alan. This was connected to the Covid ban. I ran an ecommerce business and we couldn‘t ship internationally for about a week. Royal Mail restarted international shipping yesterday.

As to the main topic - no retail business in Europe would suspend shipping to UK and Ireland just to be pissy. Why would they? It’s all connected to Brexit and it’ll take some time for businesses to sort out their shipping arrangements and VAT related issues.

My business is facing same issues right now. We will now have to fill in complex customs declarations for every parcel we send outside UK and it will take some time to sort out. Time which could have been spent on something productive, like growing our business...

Cheers,
Sebastian

webblade

All right

I rang them up - it is Brexit related and has to do with the fact that their carriers DHL and the German Post have to separate Ireland from Northern Ireland as destinations. They could fulfil orders but it is expected that the stuff would be lying around in a German depot for four weeks and that would harm their business so they would rather not fulfil. They expect it to last 2-3 weeks before the whole mess is sorted.

If somebody wants to take advantage of the 20% sale then send them a mail with the order and they will fulfil when the situation has bee sorted.
That clears that up then. Thanks for letting us know (y)