Ireland and Britain removed from shipping options

JRT

No. This is not the case since 1st January.

All foreign retailers selling to the UK have to register as a UK VAT payer and charge UK VAT at the point of sales. They then have to submit their VAT returns to HMRC - same as UK companies. This is for sales under £135.

From the horse’s mouth:

Complete and utter madness!

Cheers,
Sebastian

That's crazy?

Dingbat

No. This is not the case since 1st January.

All foreign retailers selling to the UK have to register as a UK VAT payer and charge UK VAT at the point of sales. They then have to submit their VAT returns to HMRC - same as UK companies. This is for sales under £135.

From the horse’s mouth:

Complete and utter madness!

Cheers,
Sebastian

Red tape - or in this case blue tape

rabmax

I got an email from Lucian(Troutline)They have stopped selling to England & Scotland.You can still buy some of his products from Joel at tungsten beads & a few other places.

roger h 10

I ordered from Dennis at Big Streamers in Holland, no problem sending to UK only thing is that I don't know when it will arrive, hopefully not too long.

Dingbat

I got an email from Lucian(Troutline)They have stopped selling to England & Scotland.You can still buy some of his products from Joel at tungsten beads & a few other places.

You see this is a tactic by the current government to introduce dumbing down -

"I can't buy from Lucian" -> "You should be buying British" which then develops into
"I can't afford a new Merc" -> "You should be buying British" which then develops into
"My new donkey and trap takes 6 hours to get me to work" -> "See, we told you we'd have the best environmental situation post EU membership"

Ianfs

You see this is a tactic by the current government to introduce dumbing down -

"I can't buy from Lucian" -> "You should be buying British" which then develops into
"I can't afford a new Merc" -> "You should be buying British" which then develops into
"My new donkey and trap takes 6 hours to get me to work" -> "See, we told you we'd have the best environmental situation post EU membership"
Why has Switzerland never joined the EU?

Ianfs

Red, white and blue tape. With some bells on.

I shudder to think what will come next from the idiots in charge of this country.

Cheers,
Sebastian
Plus 1 . The Scottish National Party should hand power back to Westminster, where it belongs.

Ianfs

I went on to adh fishing which is a German site to order some Stroft FC2 because they always have a good stock. Seen a message saying my address could not be shipped to so I selected to add another address. I couldn't find Ireland in the drop down box for country and Britain is not in the options either. I've emailed them and await a response but I'd be really shocked if they decided not to post to Britain because of Brexit. What shocks me more though is if they have decided to lump Ireland in there too considering we're a completely separate country. Surely the Germans know that at this stage? Will post the response when they email me I may be completely wrong but all other countries are still on the drop down list. Baffled.
How is the knot strength of Stroft 2?

webblade

How is the knot strength of Stroft 2?
Pretty good. I switched to gtm for a while and noticed it won't hold a single davy knot without slipping but was fine with a double davy. The fc2 I can get away with a single davy knot with no slipping.

Dingbat

Because Germany needs to have friendly non-EU banking facilities (maybe!).
funny you mention that - we always laugh at the huge Swiss bank branches along the German border but I've been told the German bank branches on the other side are bigger. Obviously a two way street.