Ireland West

Mies

Glad to see that you're enjoying it, Ian. Connemara is indeed a special place.
Weather can be a little volatile to say the least but when the sun decides to shine it's glorious. I'll be back down again next week, pity we couldn't have met up for a few pints.

Same beach, one day apart o_O

BTW....is that the Dawros at Kylemore?

GEK79

Glad to see that you're enjoying it, Ian. Connemara is indeed a special place.
Weather can be a little volatile to say the least but when the sun decides to shine it's glorious. I'll be back down again next week, pity we couldn't have met up for a few pints.

Same beach, one day apart o_O

BTW....is that the Dawros at Kylemore?
Looks fabulous..

raphael

Wish I was there, specially on the bank of the river flowing at the bottom end of Killary harbour... May be my preferred Irish one so far. But with two weeks of self isolation before wetting a line, no way for coming in Eire that year...

R

mackiia1

Wish I was there, specially on the bank of the river flowing at the bottom end of Killary harbour... May be my preferred Irish one so far. But with two weeks of self isolation before wetting a line, no way for coming in Eire that year...

R
It's a disaster for sure Raphael - this virus thing makes travelling to another country a complete pain.
I normally get a few days each year fishing abroad - not this year.
Next year hopefully.:)

GEK79

No Mike - thats the Cong River looking south to Ashford Castle.
There were a lot of Salmon showing in the pool just below the Hatchery - my little lad Cian was mesmerised.
He even got to stand on the shores of Lough Corrib - it was his first time there.
What a fantastic Lough.. Have you been to Mask aswell.. Amazing pieces of land lough and scenery.. Very lucky here...

Mies

No Mike - thats the Cong River looking south to Ashford Castle.
There were a lot of Salmon showing in the pool just below the Hatchery - my little lad Cian was mesmerised.
He even got to stand on the shores of Lough Corrib - it was his first time there.
Great shot of yourself and Cian (y) 😊 Another trout predator in the making.

You must have been gagging to throw a line at those fish. I've walked the bank from Cong to the castle a few times but never saw anyone fishing :unsure:

Yep, should be finished the "money pit" by the start of next season. You could bring young Cian as well. A bit of a boy's weekend away ;)

GEK79

Great shot of yourself and Cian (y) 😊 Another trout predator in the making.

You must have been gagging to throw a line at those fish. I've walked the bank from Cong to the castle a few times but never saw anyone fishing :unsure:

Yep, should be finished the "money pit" by the start of next season. You could bring young Cian as well. A bit of a boy's weekend away ;)
Make it a tour head upnorth West do some donegal angling then head to the big loughs.. Lol my money out should be dinished too by then..

Mies

R
That's a pity, Raphael :( Loads of rain at the moment. Should be getting a decent run of grilse.

mackiia1

What a fantastic Lough.. Have you been to Mask aswell.. Amazing pieces of land lough and scenery.. Very lucky here...
I have fished Mask and Carra quite a few times but I must admit it is a few years since I have been on them. The last 4/5 years it has been all Corrib . I have a boat on Inishmacatreer Island on Corrib so thats where I go mostly. That allows me to fish the north and north east of Corrib - Cornamona , Ashford, Salthouse, Castletown , Ballynalty, Ballycurrin , Greenfields , Inchiguill etc.
My friend leaves his boat up there on a trailer and we use that if we want to fish other areas - just hitch it up and away we go.
Depends on time of year and whats hatching.

mackiia1

He's a bit young for pints yet Mike :D
Actually - I said it to him about coming up with me for a boys weekend away when he turns 18.
His reponse was ' you'll probably be dead by then '.:eek:
Cheeky little sod.

GEK79

I have fished Mask and Carra quite a few times but I must admit it is a few years since I have been on them. The last 4/5 years it has been all Corrib . I have a boat on Inishmacatreer Island on Corrib so thats where I go mostly. That allows me to fish the north and north east of Corrib - Cornamona , Ashford, Salthouse, Castletown , Ballynalty, Ballycurrin , Greenfields , Inchiguill etc.
My friend leaves his boat up there on a trailer and we use that if we want to fish other areas - just hitch it up and away we go.
Depends on time of year and whats hatching.
In 4 years I'll be 45 and my father 65 we have agreed to fish the world cup fly fishing championships together a dream for us both.. Have you fished that event.. And your lucky to have that access between you and your friend.. 🍀

mackiia1

In 4 years I'll be 45 and my father 65 we have agreed to fish the world cup fly fishing championships together a dream for us both.. Have you fished that event.. And your lucky to have that access between you and your friend.. 🍀
Do you mean The World Cup on Lough Mask - held over the August BH each year.
I have fished that 3 or 4 times - last time was about 6 years ago.
I don't do compettitions anymore except for maybe the odd charity fundraiser type of thing.

GEK79

Do you mean The World Cup on Lough Mask - held over the August BH each year.
I have fished that 3 or 4 times - last time was about 6 years ago.
I don't do compettitions anymore except for maybe the odd charity fundraiser type of thing.
Yeah that's the one.. We said once I finished the house and he has retired.. I will treat him to the weekend.. Is it good craic or a serious event.. I enjoy a bit of banter.. I'm not an overly serious kinda a guy.. Did you win it..

mackiia1

Yeah that's the one.. We said once I finished the house and he has retired.. I will treat him to the weekend.. Is it good craic or a serious event.. I enjoy a bit of banter.. I'm not an overly serious kinda a guy.. Did you win it..
I never took it that seriously - it was a weekend away with the Lads.
We had good fun - usually a good few pints were had.
No - never won it . I qualified for the final twice.
In one of the finals , I got a nice trout within 10 minutes of starting and I then proceeded to hook and lose 7 more trout over the course of the day ☹- The winner that day had 3 Trout.
I was gutted , but then again , everyone has a sob story to tell about fishing. 😀

GEK79

I never took it that seriously - it was a weekend away with the Lads.
We had good fun - usually a good few pints were had.
No - never won it . I qualified for the final twice.
In one of the finals , I got a nice trout within 10 minutes of starting and I then proceeded to hook and lose 7 more trout over the course of the day ☹- The winner that day had 3 Trout.
I was gutted , but then again , everyone has a sob story to tell about fishing. 😀
Thanks fella ill look forward to the trip my father.

GEK79

Attachments