It's been an odd year . . .

PaulD

This year has seen my third, and finally successful, attempt at retirement . . . courtesy of the pandemic . . . and yet because of the pandemic I've not been able to wet a line on a river. It's been a huge disappointment. However, what's better to do than to dream of next season on a wet and windy Autumnal day and tie up an early season favourite, a Beacon Beige variant. (I have a preference to trim the lower half of hackles as I prefer the way they sit on the water.)

Beacon Beige
Hook:
Tiemco 103bl size 15
Thread: Varivas 16/0, light brown
Tail: Pale Coq de Leon
Body: Natural stripped Peacock Quill
Hackles: Grizzle, wound through Rusty Dun

Beacon Beige.jpg

GEK79

Trout candy without a doubt & agree, it has been an odd/season for us all. Limited access et al, nicely tied flies. (y)
I seem to have been really lucky this year. Yes I cant go to work yes I am scared witless but restrictions here limit me to a 5km walk and with a 5km radius I have my lough and 2 rivers. The lough is 7km away but I've never seen another angler yo there.. I hope next season is better for us all and I hope you all get to wet a line.. Stay safe all..

3lbgrayling

When they lifted the lockdown up here.I just went daft,fishing 3-4-5 times a week(maybe not all day) so been a great season for me.and it's not over yet:D,15 years retired,no regrets.

Jim

GEK79

When they lifted the lockdown up here.I just went daft,fishing 3-4-5 times a week(maybe not all day) so been a great season for me.and it's not over yet:D,15 years retired,no regrets.

Jim
Wowzer.. I'll be 80 when I'm 15 years retired.. I'm glad you had a good season.. Gold luck on the final straight. Then ready for next season.. Whe does the salmon season open again please.

3lbgrayling

Wowzer.. I'll be 80 when I'm 15 years retired.. I'm glad you had a good season.. Gold luck on the final straight. Then ready for next season.. Whe does the salmon season open again please.

I don't do Spring (winter) salmon fishing any more,but can start from 12th Jan in Scotland.

Jim

GEK79

It varies widely from area to area and river to river.
Its the same here certain rivers open 1st Jan most others 15th Feb. Brown trout in some loughs the 15fh Jan.. I will cast my first fly for a brown on the 1st march.. Cannot wait..