iWaders

Mrtrout

I know one or two that got them and they leaked first time out.
The cost of £77 isn’t a promotion really, just a way to get folks to buy them.
S.

Vermontdrifter

Google Bison waders. Cheap and cheerful but they seem to last. I just threw away a pair that were 8 years old and they only started to really leak this year during a very intensive week of wear. Six hours at a stretch in waist or deeper water.

rabmax

They seem to be all the rage on facebook the now.Most people seem to think they are great.I just accept that most waders are poor & often leak.If you buy a pair & they leak.Thin some aquasure with toluene & paint the inside seems.This solves any problems for years i find.

Rob Edmunds

They seem to be all the rage on facebook the now.Most people seem to think they are great.I just accept that most waders are poor & often leak.If you buy a pair & they leak.Thin some aquasure with toluene & paint the inside seems.This solves any problems for years i find.

What's the approximate ratio you use.......my Vass waders leak so I'm going to do as you suggest....

gg76

Hi Jim,
I recently bought a litre of toluene for wader repairs and I would be happy to give you some. I am usually working around the west end area if you would like some

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

speytime

What's the approximate ratio you use.......my Vass waders leak so I'm going to do as you suggest....

This is for breathable waders but I don't think it should matter, 1st coat 70% toluene 30% aquasure 2nd coats 50/50.
You can buy a bulk tubes of aquasure and do all the seams with a small paint brush.

Al

Last edited:

Rob Edmunds

Thanks for the info......I'm going to buy a litre off Ebay and see how it goes..

What's the purpose of Toluene ??? I

Last edited:

haggstock

Toluene is used to thin certain adhesives , to allow them to ‘ creep’ into areas where a thick smear would just be a scab .
You can also buy it with adhesive accelerators in it to use for bank side patching , but I’ve forgotten the trade name for that .

pentlandflyman

were do you buy bulk aquasure ? biggest i can find is a 28g tube. Is it under a different name ? i have 3 sets of waders i would like to seam seal.

rabmax

I bought some toluene for someone i work with.He isnt one for internet shopping .I get it of ebay.He sorted his leaky waders last month after my advice.I put about 50/50 ish toluene/aquasure in a jam jar.Then place jam jar into hot water.Paint the seams inside a couple of times with hot glue .Or small leaks or what evers leaking.I use a small cheap artist brush from asda.I personaly wouldn't bother with the cotal stuff.I bought some once before.Used once then when i went to use it again it had evaporated.Expensive for what it is .Toluene does the same but takes slightly longer to cure.I was told on a dive forum many years ago to use toluene & aquasure.(It works good)

rabmax

I never bother with big tubes anymore.If you are going to thin it with toluene anyway.It goes a long way when thinned down.I buy the packs where you get 2 small tubes in one pack.When open i keep in the freezer.But it's personal choice though.But i have thrown half used large tubes out in the past as it doesn't keep .

rabmax

ALthough i have only had my Vass 740e waders a few months.I managed to put a tear about 1/12 inches already.There very thick waders but i managed it.For a tear i would just use aquasure straight from tube inside waders .Then a thin smear on the outside.If its only pin holes i would use 50/50 toluene/aquasure heated & painted on the inside..My Vass waders you wouldn't know they have been fixed on the outside.You can see the aquasure patch on the inside.Waders i find fairly easy to fix.

Latest posts