Jaxon crocodile premium tippet

Mrtrout

Does anyone know if Jaxon Eternum and Jaxon crocodile are different, or just a different name? Both are fluorocarbon-coated nylon and both have exactly the same strength rating. Just a slightly different colour?
My spool of crocodile was rotten so was refunded, but the Eternum has been great, that’s all I know.
S.

Mrtrout

Mine arrived at the week-end. Couldn't agree more. Just what I've been looking for, especially for my river fishing. Takes knots without any pig-tailing, droppers stand out yet it is still supple. Have tried snapping it (I bought the 1.6mm 5kg) and it was cutting into my hands rather than giving way. Brilliant value - what more can I say....

Thanks so much for the recommendation Steven - I'll be telling my mates about it for sure. Dying to try it on the grayling but Covid restrictions and heavy rain tomorrow may mean that has to wait for a while.

Mick
Did you buy that from eBay Mick?
S.

micka

Did you buy that from eBay Mick?
S.

Sorry Steven just been on my daily walk - yes I did and the seller was "baitsworld." I am utterly delighted with it. When I bought some Fulling Mill World Class Fluoro V2 I hated it after the reliable V1. This is going to be my number one tippet material - I did get some Maxcatch Fluoro which I've not used yet but it is the physical characteristics of this line I love. It sticks out to thread easily through small hook eyes and forms greater droppers BUT it's still supple and strong. I will order some 1.4 Eternum now - and for 150yds it's gift.

That's where this Forum is so helpful - my thanks to you again.

Mick

Mrtrout

Sorry Steven just been on my daily walk - yes I did and the seller was "baitsworld." I am utterly delighted with it. When I bought some Fulling Mill World Class Fluoro V2 I hated it after the reliable V1. This is going to be my number one tippet material - I did get some Maxcatch Fluoro which I've not used yet but it is the physical characteristics of this line I love. It sticks out to thread easily through small hook eyes and forms greater droppers BUT it's still supple and strong. I will order some 1.4 Eternum now - and for 150yds it's gift.

That's where this Forum is so helpful - my thanks to you again.

Mick

I know one or two can’t get on with it, but it’s my go to tippet for the last two years and it’s accounted for some cracking big wild trout that I’ve had to bully away from tree roots.
I daren’t use anything else now, so glad you’ve had a good experience with it, as you say £4.99 for 150 metres, it’s a no brainer.
S.

kingf000

I've just got my Eternum from the same supplier - 0.16mm. I tried a breaking strain comparison with my other go to lines: 0.16mm stroft ABR and Grand Max fluoro. I take a length of line, tie perfection loops and loop connect at each end to 0.37mm maxima chameleon. Fix one end to a door handle and the other end to a spring balance and pull. Results: both the Grand Max fluoro and Eternum broke at just over 4lb. The stroft ABR at just over 5lb. So from this the ABR, a similar coated nylon line, does seem to be a bit stronger, but it is very much more expensive!

micka

I've just got my Eternum from the same supplier - 0.16mm. I tried a breaking strain comparison with my other go to lines: 0.16mm stroft ABR and Grand Max fluoro. I take a length of line, tie perfection loops and loop connect at each end to 0.37mm maxima chameleon. Fix one end to a door handle and the other end to a spring balance and pull. Results: both the Grand Max fluoro and Eternum broke at just over 4lb. The stroft ABR at just over 5lb. So from this the ABR, a similar coated nylon line, does seem to be a bit stronger, but it is very much more expensive!
Also I know many members on here love it but I only just have to look at Stroft and it takes me to "curly wurly land" (and I just don't want to go there when there's serious fishing to be done!). Have tied many practice knots in the Eternum and it's straight as a die.

Mick

Rob Edmunds

Fulling Mill have just changed the V2 Flurocarbon as they recognised there were problems..

As regards this Ethernum.....I'm impressed with my initial findings 👍👍

Thsnks Steven

Mrtrout

Where exactly is it breaking?
S.

kingf000

Where exactly is it breaking?
S.
I was expecting it to break at the knot but both times I tried it, it broke in the length between the knots. I don't have a micrometer gauge but it looks and feels a bit thinner than the stroft and I know some people have reported that stroft is often thicker than it says. The key is whether it breaks on use so I'll give it a go the next time I'm fishing somewhere that I'd use a 0.16mm line.

micka

Fulling Mill have just changed the V2 Flurocarbon as they recognised there were problems..

As regards this Ethernum.....I'm impressed with my initial findings 👍👍

Thsnks Steven
Now that's interesting about the Fulling Mill Rob - I posted about it my dislike of it. I presume they have had some indifferent feedback. OK the V1 wasn't thin but it was reliable.

Mick

kingf000

Tried out the 0.14mm eternum yesterday, trotting for chub. Very impressed, dealt with a 4lb chub with no problems. Chub aren't as frisky as trout but I'll try it out on trout next week, weather willing.