Jersey Channel Islands Streams

catzrob

Hi all

I'm looking at Jersey and trying to figure out whether there's any stream fishing at all - I'm fine with small streams to fish 6'-7' rods and tiny flies, I just love to be fishing moving water.

Any hot tips?

Thanks - catzrob.

G

guest54

Hi all

I'm looking at Jersey and trying to figure out whether there's any stream fishing at all - I'm fine with small streams to fish 6'-7' rods and tiny flies, I just love to be fishing moving water.

Any hot tips?

Thanks - catzrob.

Not that I know of, there is trout fishing on one of the islands reservoirs but I've never fished it, it is full of Carp and there are a lot of cormorants there.
I am a regular visitor to Jersey and fish for Bass from the shore but Mackerel and Gar are fantastic sport on light gear, never managed a Mullet yet and there are some very big ones very close in, small Turbot are also possible off the beach at five mile road. Small Clouser's work well.

Last edited:

treecutter

I used to live & work there for 3 years 06-09. There are some small streams but I never actually got round to checking if they had any trout in.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

G

guest54

I used to live & work there for 3 years 06-09. There are some small streams but I never actually got round to checking if they had any trout in.

The island suffers so many droughts due to it's warm climate that I doubt any trout population is viable, most streams are just a trickle and regularly dry up. They have a desalination plant to augment the water supply for most of the summer and I've never met anyone there who drank water, other than bottled water, they even use bottled for cooking.

Last edited:

treecutter

The island suffers so many droughts due to it's warm climate that I doubt any trout population is viable, most streams are just a trickle and regularly dry up. They have a desalination plant to supply water most of the summer and I've never met anyone there who drank water, other than bottled water, they even use bottled for cooking.
Alot of people who own land have bore holes for their water supply.
I used to drink bottled but tap water for cuppas & cooking.

G

guest54

Alot of people who own land have bore holes for their water supply.
I used to drink bottled but tap water for cuppas & cooking.

My brother has just such a well but won't drink water from it as it is adjacent to farmland and he's seen close up what they spread on the fields. :puke::biggrin1:

catzrob

Thanks Bumble - good to know. Yes, the reservoirs look ok but basically a bit disappointing. I might go exploring for small streams but it sounds like mackerel, bass and gar are the fish to go for. Might even get in the water with a speargun.

I will report if I find any trout in streams as well!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Treecutter. I will check myself - I'll let you know if I find anything on the off chance you make it back!