Jigs for the bug box

BobP

Why not try the "off" beads? Since I found those my jig hooks have languished unused. The "Off" bead gives the same effect, ie fishes upside down without the need for a specific hook. Just use your normal hooks.

webblade

All beaded flies fish upside down. Don't believe me try it in the bath tied to a bit of tippet. You'll be surprised.
Why not try the "off" beads? Since I found those my jig hooks have languished unused. The "Off" bead gives the same effect, ie fishes upside down without the need for a specific hook. Just use your normal hooks.

BobP

All beaded flies fish upside down. Don't believe me try it in the bath tied to a bit of tippet. You'll be surprised.
A) Why bother with jig hooks then?

B) I'm not a great believer in experiments in the bath. We don't know what effect the current in a river has on the behaviour of a nymph under water unless someone has sat on the riverbed with a camera......?

C) As per above, a nymph tied to a couple of feet of tippet attached to the hand is going to behave differently to one attached to 10 or 12' of leader plus XX feet of fly line.

webblade

A = I don't bother with them.
B = Your comment could also apply to jig hook flies or offset bead
C = Your comment could easily apply to jig hooks flies also offset bead