John Norris - 50% of guideline reach rods

gordond

Unfortunately they do not seem to have worked out how to send gear to Ireland yet.
Gordon

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

gordond

We are learning what Brexit means...

Will probably be ordering from France more often - Ardent Pêche are very good.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

tj hooker

Definitely a great deal to good to miss got rod reel and a new line a river set up delivered to Co. Fermanagh

Bazzagrey

Has anyone tried one of these rods yet, i preordered one which has been delivered but im working out of the country for the nxt few weeks so gonna be a while until i get out and give it a shot!

wobbly face

Rod and reel, etc arrived from JN. Difficult to say if it's worth double the price, would need to fish with it (well that would be down to brother in law to do). Cork looks fine but handle still has the wrapper on, bottom 2 guides are lined, the rest are single leg in silver with silver fit over top guide. Matt finish with black glossy wraps on the guides (no aligning spots). Appears to be through action, spiel says "crisp and light, fast loading". Black alu reel seat and spacing, up locking. Nothing fancy but then, why would you want fancy with a fishing rod, same with the reel. Drag is smooth once the spool is turning, reel seems a bit on the small side for a 5/6 large arbour. It will have a #4 line but don't think it will take a lot backing (20lb). Again in a matt black finish, no play in the spool, easy to adjust drag, simple screw cap spool lock. Reel feels like it could take a few knocks, nice fairly quiet click, no difference in reverse (won't attract attention when poaching). Satin silver drag control and reel locking cap, satin dark copper insert on reel spindle with same colour cap in centre of drag control. Black handle.
Rod (8.6ft #4) and reel (unloaded) balances nicely (where I like the balance). Rod bag and tube are decent, spiel says cordura tube, it's plastic with cotton/canvas type cover so will protect rod from heavy knocks, rod bag same cotton/canvas type material so should last as long as it's kept dry.
Reel comes with a cloth bag, bag could do with being a bit larger but will protect against scratches.