John Norris midge tip

noel

Hi all , I was doing a search yesterday for these on their website and the only midge tip lines that show are the Rio , have they stopped selling their own brand line ?

noel

Sorry I have left this so long have any of you good folk found an alternative to these at a similar price point ?

wobbly face

They still have 2 on sale Noel:
As to alternatives at similar price, I've no idea these days.

The Endrick Spider

Hi all , I was doing a search yesterday for these on their website and the only midge tip lines that show are the Rio , have they stopped selling their own brand line ?
Noel,
John Norris sent me a catalogue every year but they no longer produce these. The last one I had from them was in 2018 which I still have. I see you were looking for a WF 5 -10 foot sink tip but on looking up their fly lines they did not do a WF 5, only 6, 7 and 8. I used their WF 6 last year having great success with it, this being the Midge Tip Long 10ft Intermediate Tip White/Caramel. They did do a 5, 6, 7 and 8 in their 3 foot sink tip range.
I have since moved on purchasing a Rio, an Airflo and a Vision fly line all to suit not only my new rod, but me also so I am already very much looking forward to next season. An intermediate line is the fastest sinking line I have in my armoury for I have never been into this fast sinking line lark. It is too much like physical exercise for me, I would sooner put on a longer leader and a weighted fly at the end of the cast. The late and truly great Arthur Cove, he never had any need for one.

noel

I've been looking at polyleaders on Ebay but when you add postage in they are the price of a flyline delivered . My local gooutdoors is only 5 mins away and that is now Fishing Republic and hence more coarse than anything else .

Vintage Badger

I've been looking at polyleaders on Ebay but when you add postage in they are the price of a flyline delivered . My local gooutdoors is only 5 mins away and that is now Fishing Republic and hence more coarse than anything else .
Look for the eBay sellers who offer free postage (select the 'lowest price inc P&P' search option); I paid the same as RRP a couple of weeks ago for two 5' Airflo floating polyleaders with 'free' postage.

Last edited:

3lbgrayling

They still have 2 on sale Noel:
As to alternatives at similar price, I've no idea these days.
In my mind they are sink tips.I feel that what I am looking for is a 3' intermediate tip. That is what I think is a ''Midge tip''and for sime reason the norris/PP lines are not around just now.

Jim

wobbly face

In my mind they are sink tips.I feel that what I am looking for is a 3' intermediate tip. That is what I think is a ''Midge tip''and for sime reason the norris/PP lines are not around just now.

Jim
I'm the same there Jim. I have 2 Rio lines, one stated as midge tip with 3ft sink tip and the other is a Streamer tip with 10ft sink tip, both intermediate tips. I don't know what they'd call a 5ft sink tip!