July-12th-2020-Week-27

johngolden

Goldenloch Fishing Report 2020

email: john@john-nicol.co.uk

Phone; 01337840355, or 07968006367

Secchi-6 feet + Temperature 18.00 degrees Oxygen – Medium

“The Goldenloch”

July-12th-2020-Week-27

Well its been a really tough week, not a single person has caught a huge amount of fish, the stocking this last week has disappeared into some hidden hole, so what’s happening, well pretty much the sun is shining bright, it’s very high in the sky, the air pressure is all over the place, is changing hourly as is the wind directions, I thought last week I really had broken the back on the weed clearing, this weekend = today, I still am thinking the same, but catches generally are passable, to day Sunday in the morning, it was tricky, Darin Taylor never managed to catch anything, which was very unusual for him, but was seeing loads and getting tugs, meanwhile on the bank the boys from Motherwell, “ The West Coast Musketeers” started very slow, however after a scotch pie each, things picked up and they managed two fish each and a brown trout returned, a very pleasant day was had, this week has also seen a few beginners try their luck, I am being very honest with them stating the obvious that for them to catch a fish just now is extremely difficult and as such I do not charge them, this is a rule we have operated for 20+ years, catches this week are Mr Wannan 8, using a gold headed klinkhamer, Dave Wilson 4 , Neil Christie 3, Greenwell Glory lost a few, Brian Kemp (retired) 3 y/Owl and Buzzers, Brian Imrie, 3 Deer’s hare, Sandy Band catching using a black cat, Grant McGregor, 4, all returned on gold ribbed Hares Ear, Colin Hay, woodcock mixed, on Tuesday Les Cowan had 2 using only dry flies, as did Brian Stewart, Dundee, so where are the fish, it would seem that the floating island of weed may be the culprit, Colin hay ventured up to the top of the loch and immediately caught a fish as it dashed out from this artificial island, what intend doing is trimming and reducing its size considerably in the next few days, well that’s the plan so we will see what happens however the water is gin clear and that is a big bonus at this time of year.

Fly Fishing is one of life’s oldest leisure activities, A Pastime, it is not only relaxing, it is rewarding for the mind and soul, come to the “Goldenloch” enjoy your Hobby to the max, no stress, only peaceful surroundings abundant wildlife, great fish, Brown, Blues and Rainbows, you will not be disappointed. Phone 01337840355 or 07968006367 ask for John or look up the Postcode KY14 6HZ

Attachments

Latest posts