July-19th-2020-Week-28

johngolden

Goldenloch Fishing Report 2020

email: john@john-nicol.co.uk

Phone; 01337840355, or 07968006367

Secchi-6 feet + Temperature 19.00 degrees Oxygen – Medium

“The Goldenloch”

July-19th-2020-Week-28

Being honest, the fishing just now is about as hard as it can get, lots of hot days, massive amount of grub available, wind changing direction and air pressure fluctuations, however its nothing to do with the weather or the water, its much simpler than that, the available food in the water is Astronomical, all week I have been working at pulling out, cutting the weed , I can see in it an ample amount of food for fish, quantities like I have never seen in nearly 40 years, it’s basically the perfect year for Canadian pond weed, and any little piece of it just takes root and grows, the up side is the amount of fertiliser it consumes is huge, \nitrogen and phosphate, which is what feeds algae, if there is too much sunshine, in this weed are halogen blue shrimps and they are huge, I have never seen them so big, these are seemingly very tasty for trout, pee muscle, it is in all the pond weed, again the fish love this, plus small snails, some eminent anglers this week have struggled, it’s because I think they are trying to catch using dry flies and traditional summer flies, however the weather this year, like last summer is not encouraging fly life over or in the water, although there are big sedge hatches and other flies the trout are smart enough to eat them before they get to the surface, Saturday saw some anglers persevere all day with dries and similar flies to the ample fish showing but catches eluded them, yesterday Sunday a similar sort of day had much better results, Bruce Johnstone, Crieff using yellow lures had 11 all from about 2 to 3 feet down, showing Peter Brown, Dundee his flies he then went on to catch a few but then caught a 4 lb brown trout, which just made his day, Mr Robertson Dundee also had 5 as did Tom Anderson, Perth, today Sandy Band had a few crackers as did Eck and Sandy, however its not good enough for all anglers, so today in conjunction with my suppliers Westmill in Blairgowrie, I have arranged for a super special double load of fish which will arrive early next week, hopefully these wee demons will eat up all the surplus grub, but for now its all down to getting the right fly and the right depth.

Fly Fishing is one of life’s oldest leisure activities, A Pastime, it is not only relaxing, it is rewarding for the mind and soul, come to the “Goldenloch” enjoy your Hobby to the max, no stress, only peaceful surroundings abundant wildlife, great fish, Brown, Blues and Rainbows, you will not be disappointed. Phone 01337840355 or 07968006367 ask for John or look up the Postcode KY14 6HZ