Fly Fishing Forum banner

July 2019 caption competition - sponsored by Allen Fly Fishing

20K views 75 replies 30 participants last post by  Kirsty 
#1 ·
It's definitely July, so here's this month's caption competition! Do your best/worst by the end of the month, the winner will win a $150 Allen Fly Fishing voucher.

Water Giraffe Giraffidae Sleeve Lake

Attachments

See less See more
#33 ·
Bernie Clifton swaps Oswald the ostrich for Gerry the giraffe but gets a bit out of his depth whilst fishing.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Damm, I'd just thought of Bernie Clifton myself.

Something like Bernie Clifden on a bus mans holiday.

#44 · (Edited)
Croc fishing on the fly, this is the klink, the dink is a double beaded squirmy wormy nymph attractor, only for the foolhardy !

#48 ·
It's definitely July, so here's this month's caption competition! Do your best/worst by the end of the month, the winner will win a $150 Allen Fly Fishing voucher.

View attachment 19708
Barnaby, always takes his pet giraffe (Larry Longneck) with him when fishing.

Larry can easily retrieve Barnaby's flies from the trees, that he is continually snagging on his back cast!

Douglas

#51 · (Edited)

View attachment 19708
Geremy Raffe, ordered a product from 'adult inflatables.com'

Unfortunately he signed his name G.Raffe, and in the ensuing mix up they sent him this!

Being an enterprising angler, Geremy put it to a good alternative use and used it as a replacement for his old worn out float tube!

Douglas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.