Just discovered this amazing fly tier, Dr Alex.

Oldbones

No problem, I will be fly tying again soon, at the moment I can hear the sea from the garden in the house we are in now, so I have been sea fishing a bit.
!! 14 8th sept.jpg
16, the freezer filler.jpg

6 3Rd fish bervie bay, very close in on lug..jpg

mackiia1

Oldbones

Fresh Mackerel - absolutely fab with hand cut chips and a few pints of Guinness.
I haven't fished for Mackerel in years - I heard they were scarce - is this still the case.??

PS - sorry for going off track.
Apparently they are scarce, but I caught over 100 and mostly on lures as I thought that using feathers was not sporting.
Now I have to say a decent mackerel on a 18 gram lure and 10 to 30 gram rod is proper sport, my opinion of these fish has become a healthy respect for them.

Paul_B

Apparently they are scarce, but I caught over 100 and mostly on lures as I thought that using feathers was not sporting.
Now I have to say a decent mackerel on a 18 gram lure and 10 to 30 gram rod is proper sport, my opinion of these fish has become a healthy respect for them.

My nephew has had a good week mackerel fishing of Hove beach 🎣

vital

Thanks Oldbones,
Gave it a butchers, have to say its very straightforward, and concise. Watched one about 'The Usual' which gave a great back-story. I'll look forward to wading through his posts now I'm subscribed,

mackiia1

For sure - I used to occasionally use a fly rod to fish for them and catch them on a big Teal, Blue and Silver - great sport , they are really strong for their size.

kerryjordan

Thanks Oldbones,
Gave it a butchers, have to say its very straightforward, and concise. Watched one about 'The Usual' which gave a great back-story. I'll look forward to wading through his posts now I'm subscribed,
Have a look at his paraloop midge emerger; stunning!

Whinging pom

I just watched some, he’s really good but I can’t get past his clipped spitfire pilot voice .
He sounds like Vivian Stanshall from the bongo dog doodah band !

He’s saying “ Hello everyone and Thankyou for joining and today I’ll be tying you a lovely classic chalk stream fly called the typos indespencable”…,,!

And im hearing “ This is the "B" side of our platter, sports fans
And I'm singing just for you, covered in sequins”.

lovely flies though and great instruction.
What did you do in the war daddy ?

vital

Whinging pom: It used to be called 'the Queen's English' and 'estuarine', once commonplace in the media but now being remarked upon ... is this another outcome of "dumbing down" maybe, more sustenance for the conspiracy theorists who think society is being manipulated to a lowest common denominator herd? [T firmly IC]. Definitely not an Urban Spaceman!

Latest posts