Klinkhammer Hackle Recommendations

reefguy63

Hi All!
Looking for your recommendations for sourcing a good quality hackle for my klinks why tying #12 & #14 on partridge klink hooks.
Find my metz #2 is ok for length but a little flimsy and my whiting dry hackles nice density but too short in length.
thanks

Open loop

I use a whiting dry fly cape and have absolutely no problem getting the correct sized hackle for a partridge klink hook

reefguy63

I use a whiting dry fly cape and have absolutely no problem getting the correct sized hackle for a partridge klink hook
Thanks - mines a Whiting bronze grade saddle - may be i‘m being a bit OCD , just like to see a little more span!

dave b

I tend to use Whiting bronze grade or the high and dry saddles which are excellent. Not cheap but very little waste. try and see the cape before purchase or speak to the retailer as some are perfect for 16's with some 18's and 14's and other are more suitable for 14's with some 16's and 12's depending on the saddle.

sculpin_crusader

I use Whiting Eurohackle saddles for my klinks as these have the perfect sized hackles for the size of klinks I use most. I only really tie them in an adams colour variation so use grizzly and brown, however, I'm not so sure I'd want to be shelling out £80 each for one now; Funky are the only stockist in the UK as far as I'm aware. I paid £50 each when i bought mine.