Knot tying tool..

GEK79

Hello all hope your all staying safe.. Hoping for recommendations for any knot tying tools seeing as my hands and fingers don't work properly I've looked online.. But would rather some actual experience.. Looking for tool to help tie knits on tippet to fly..thanks to all.
Gary

4wings

How about a nail knot tool, I have one of the cheap stainless steel jobbies and it is big enough to hold and work with, I find, although they do one with an attached zinger so as you don't drop it.
There is a tubular brass nail knot tool as well. Both on Amazon.
Oh! there is also a posh cinch knot tool that has been updated for other knots and tasks.

GEK79

How about a nail knot tool, I have one of the cheap stainless steel jobbies and it is big enough to hold and work with, I find, although they do one with an attached zinger so as you don't drop it.
There is a tubular brass nail knot tool as well. Both on Amazon.
Oh! there is also a posh cinch knot tool that has been updated for other knots and tasks.
Thank you I have the nail knot tool it's the knots that attatch my fly to tippet I really struggle..

4wings

Apologies! I misunderstood all I have in that department is a Magnifeye Hook Threader from Australia, once ordered it was pretty quick given the distance.
The other that could tie hooks perhaps is the cinch knot tool.

GEK79

Apologies! I misunderstood all I have in that department is a Magnifeye Hook Threader from Australia, once ordered it was pretty quick given the distance.
The other that could tie hooks perhaps is the cinch knot tool.
I'll have a look and see.. Thanks for your time.. Gary

weiliwen

I have 1/2 of a WD-40 straw that suffices for a nail knot tool and a blood knot tool. Works great for both - I can whip out a nail knot in a few seconds. A blood knot still takes me a bit of time, but I use a method I saw online with a guy using a match.

GEK79

I have 1/2 of a WD-40 straw that suffices for a nail knot tool and a blood knot tool. Works great for both - I can whip out a nail knot in a few seconds. A blood knot still takes me a bit of time, but I use a method I saw online with a guy using a match.
Many thanks mate appreciate that..

BobP

You could always try a straightforward Figure 8 knot. Just give yourself plenty of room to form the loop and pull the ends through.

anzac

This is what your looking for, no doubt in my mind.

That is a version of a suture knot being tied using straight forceps in that video.

I've had that many sutures over the decades that I recogised it instantly.

GEK79

I have these hanging from a zinger.Handy for fo8 & other knots.
I had seen what appears to be a simple. Knot tied with something like that.. Many thanks.