Kudos to Farlows.co.uk

anzac

My son who lives in California just texted me to say he is well pleased with the service he's had from Farlow's. He ordered a Wychwood reel case from them last Friday (3/7) and it arrived today via UPS.
He's 'as happy as a pig in poo' with the case and the service from Farlow's.

easker1

I would have gone to the California Fly shop, out towards Daly City, lots of excellent fly Kit and first class service, I go there when I visit my son and family, I used to go the the Orvis shop at Market in San Francisco but they moved to San Jose,it's always worth a visit to the Big 5 Sports shops . easker1

delray

Even before I fly fished, if when in the USA and near a fly shop, I went in, especially Orvis stores. Invariably great people working in them, loads of stuff to touch and play with and enjoyable inter-action with other folk.
Anyway, glad to hear Farlows can still provide a service; not been there (the london one) for a long time.
Regards, Del

anzac

There isn't a fly fishing shop within an hour's drive from where my son lives. The nearest Orvis shop is nearly two hours away. The shops in his area focus on ocean fishing and coarse fishing. He says Farlow's, Glasgow Angling Centre, and other UK shops offer more extensive inventories than the US shops he's bought from.