Landing net suggestions

Mrwayne

I'm looking for a nice lightweight but durable landing net. I actually need both a short one for wading and longer reach for bankside fishing. Reason for looking, I've been buying ones too cheap and they keep breaking.

speytime

I like the wooden framed hand nets there nice and light with a 22" drop it can consume a 8/9lb fish.

For a longer reach a Sharpes belmont is a good net for not a lot of money, I'm also a McLean fan but never had trouble with either MacLean or Sharpes.

Al

speytime

I Very nearly lost my Sharpes belmont day #1 just by luck I caught it with my foot or it was gone! so I started keeping it tethered to me.
Another time I reached for my wooden hand net and its not there?
I retraced my steps and found it under some branches I'd been ducking under and it was pulled from its magnetic holder, i now keep it tethered to me.

Al

Rob Edmunds

Ahhh forgot about a Sharpes net I also have, it's ancient my dad gave it to me when I was just a kid ......very good and Robust too ( heavy) made of stainless steel if I remember correctly.

Can you get a "lightweight and durable" net ??? ..all my lightweight models end up broken

danielp

I have just changed from a Snowbee to a Hanak Champion net as the Snowbee just kept bending and breaking. I am very impressed with the Hanak, strong aluminium frame, lightweight but large and deep (by wading net standards). The head is also detachable so when boat or bank fishing i simply change the short wading handle for a longer coarse fishing extendable handle I also use for my chub fishing.

pbrown

Another vote for the Sharpes Belmont for bank fishing, good reach, light and sturdy. (y)

speytime

I'm not net aficionado but anytime there's weight in any net it should be lifted vertically, the best of nets will bend if you try to lift a decent fish with a fully extended handle and holding it horizontally.

JCP

Mclean can be heavy, I have 2 and wouldn't want to risk losing them if wading and they don't have the longest of reach when bank or boat fishing.
?? My extending Mclean is brilliant in the boat.Can be stowed easily and extended using the gunwale.Easily reach fish using a 10ft rod and 13ft between top dropper and point.Have owned a few ''boat'' nets but this is my goto in the boat and high bank duty.Think mine is the Folding Long Reach.The other is the Hinged Weigh Net.Both Bronze Series.

JP

noel

I am just wondering if you are lifting a folding head net with the net upside down as I have never broken a net yet and I use Aldi and Lidl nets in my many nets .

Maruta

My leeda short handle is going strong after 2 seasons. Keep it tethered on my waders.

Mrwayne

I have just changed from a Snowbee to a Hanak Champion net as the Snowbee just kept bending and breaking. I am very impressed with the Hanak, strong aluminium frame, lightweight but large and deep (by wading net standards). The head is also detachable so when boat or bank fishing i simply change the short wading handle for a longer coarse fishing extendable handle I also use for my chub fishing.
Hanak champion looks almost perfect