Latest Reel off the Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROVER

Trade Member
Hi all

I've been busying myself making another bespoke reel the last few weeks when time permits.

This one is actually based on the first one i ever built and is still my go to reel on most occasions on the river, but with a number of subtle improvements and finished to display case standards.

Made from T6082 aluminium with stainless steel and delrin parts, its been finished in deep black and gold with my makers mark on the back. Its suited for 4 to 6 lines and I've decided to christen it the 'Trinity' model (roughly triangular, 3 holes in the back plate and all that!). The drawcord pouch is red faux suede.

here you go..

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

pati

Pretty Exceptional !

I would prefer it a tad narrower for my liking but it does look amazing!

ROVER

Trade Member
Fantastic looking reel. You've obviously got real talent plus,I would guess, a very nice workshop.

Well done.
That made me giggle to myself - I wish! I'd class it as a study of how to use available space, Its a 12foot long 3foot wide lean to on the side of my house with just enough space for a 450mm wide bench to give me space wo shuffle along from one end to the other like a crab! It does have just enough room to comfortably operate my mini lathe and miller though. The 'micro workshop'!

G

ROVER

Trade Member
I'm interested in what the general consensus is if there would be enough interest out there in my reels to warrant some kind of website or some such other to open them up to a wider audience? What are your thoughts?

G

easker1

I don't think you would have any problems, these would be like family heirlooms, yes it's all mine Mr Trout, easker1

Mrtrout

I'm interested in what the general consensus is if there would be enough interest out there in my reels to warrant some kind of website or some such other to open them up to a wider audience? What are your thoughts?

G
im sure there would be a lot of interest Graeme, worth a try.
S.

atr

G
No.You'll just make us sick with envy.Try the science museum or something like that. Forget Ari, youda man. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.