Latest Reel off the Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenok

I'm interested in what the general consensus is if there would be enough interest out there in my reels to warrant some kind of website or some such other to open them up to a wider audience? What are your thoughts?

G
Absolutely! They are fantastic.

G

Mrtrout

took delivery today , well chuffed with it, I think I will look at it for a while and savour the work that went into it,super reel look for ward to using it thanks Graeme , easker1
Bit too nice to use eh Derek, but I’m sure you will, hope you christen it soon mate.
S.

ROVER

Trade Member
my pleasure Derek,

The satisfaction I get when my work is appreciated makes the effort and hours worthwhile.

Tight lines

G

ohanzee

I'm interested in what the general consensus is if there would be enough interest out there in my reels to warrant some kind of website or some such other to open them up to a wider audience? What are your thoughts?

G
A blog style website would be ideal to show the process and maybe tap into a niche market of collectors, definitely worth looking into.

Rob Edmunds

The more I look at you work Graeme the more I am just it total awe......I honestly wish I had a quarter of your knowledge or ability, the truth is at practical things I'm hopeless...( ok at fly tying I get by)

Craftsmanship at its finest .....

Is it just me, but when you have a nice reel, or rod , perhaps one you don't need or use .....do you just get it out and look at it every once in a while play with it .....think about how you should use it ??? ....I know I do...

It's the same with this thread.....its like a guilty little pleasure.....

ohanzee

It's the same with this thread.....its like a guilty little pleasure.....
Tackle pervs the lot of you :D

I see it as a bit of engineering, a few scrapes wouldn't diminish it in my eyes, a reel that has given years of faithful service, worn smooth with handling is a special thing for me, like an old friend but one that doesn't fart in your car..did I just ruin that:unsure: I just like durability for some reason.

Rob Edmunds

Oh I think Tackle should be used and not put in a display cabinet....but it's strange, I just love examining it..

Reels especially.....

Probably my fondest memories are contained within my course fishing kit....my battered close face Abu 506m, that's still as smooth as the day I got on my 6th birthday....

JCP

Back in the mid 2000's I bought some bespoke fly reels from Australian Terry Hayden which I still have .Terry eventually teamed up with TFO in USA who tooled up to produce a range of Terry's reels.These reels look very special.Would not surprise me if demand exceeds possible turnaround.

JP

Status
Not open for further replies.