Latest Reel off the Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohanzee

Graeme, After receiving one of your 'beauties' I was tempted to put it in a display cabinet, but..............it works as well as it looks!
The website needs customer testimonials just like that.

Mrtrout

The website needs customer testimonials just like that.
He has a few satisfied customers including me who will give great feedback. I’m pretty sure if a website is created GRAEME’s reels will soon become collectors pieces, he might need a bigger workshop to cope with demand though.
S.

ohanzee

He has a few satisfied customers including me who will give great feedback. I’m pretty sure if a website is created GRAEME’s reels will soon become collectors pieces, he might need a bigger workshop to cope with demand though.
S.
I'm guessing the demand for such a niche thing comes from a bigger range, US and European collectors and customers, a website would let that world in.

ROVER

Trade Member
A blog style website would be ideal to show the process and maybe tap into a niche market of collectors, definitely worth looking into.
I wouldn't have a clue where to start! I can turn my hand to most things, but the whole social media/blog/thing is totally alien to me🤔

Rob Edmunds

With a talent like yours there will be a massive demand because they are " special" ....I'm glad I got on the list early

I think you could be as busy as you wanted, without much effort at all.....Facebook, Instagram, etc would open up a big market.....It would be very easy to set up a page with examples, testimonials etc....

If you want to go down that route I will willingly assist..

sean freeman

I say this every time Graeme produces a reel but I’d love to order one some time, classic style but with a twist. Styled similarly to an Abel TR1 or orvis CFO.. can you sen me an idea of prices etc Graeme? I think you did before but I can’t find it!

Jason 70

Firstly I'll mention I have no tie-up with Chris Lythe. 15 years or so ago Chris had a waiting list of around three years for his 'pins. Back then they were about £325.00 and £50.00 deposit upfront.

The website he has now is much more professional than it was back then. Anglers will always like bespoke tackle. To me, it beats pissing your hard-earned up the wall.

https://www.chrislythe-centrepins.co.uk/reels/

If you market it well Graeme, then you sell loads I'm sure.

ohanzee

I wouldn't have a clue where to start! I can turn my hand to most things, but the whole social media/blog/thing is totally alien to me🤔
Its just a new interface, annoying and hard at first but all you are really doing is loading up pics and text, there are do it yourself websites that make it simpler, you pick a template and choose fonts and colours etc, and away you go....in annoying lumpy steps at first.

stevel

Good luck on your new venture.
I guess the thing would be to invest time in a website and all the SM such as Instagram.
I'd also join the reel makers' forum on the Classic Fly Rod forum (formerly Clark's) to bump heads with many like minded folk.
People like Mark Shamburg started off like this, posting reels he made for himself and gradually built that into a business with bench reels with a waiting list of over a year, leaving behind his day job as a design engineer to do fishing related activities (reel and bamboo rod making, bamboo rod accessories and tool making and guiding for trout and steelhead) only.
Interestingly on Clark's (Classic) forum, an amateur who went by the name of Swedtool (Anders Shagerstrom) started publishing Ari inspired reels and now produces bespoke own designs, but I believe he still has a "day job".

Status
Not open for further replies.