LAW prices going through the roof

aldot

I've been following this LAW vice on eBay. Bidding stood at £1600 with 2 minutes to go. 2 very late bids pushed the sell price to £5000!

Screenshot_20210620-171947_eBay.jpg

arkle

I wonder if Laurie's going to make another batch, like he did a few years ago ?

benisa

at that price think you would want to put it in a glass case and just look at it but hell better than money in the bank :

Overmiwadrers

I suppose the extra provenance gave it an edge. I did well out of selling my copy of his book. I cant see the fascination with that book there are a good few better.

O M W

pentlandflyman

Madness but if you want something badly enough you will pay whatever it costs and can't see them ever going down in value unless he gets the urge to start making them again so it's probably a sound investment.

ohanzee

Filled a 1 gallon petrol can for the lawn mower....£8 ! it's gone up by a few quid since I cut the grass last!

aldot

Madness but if you want something badly enough you will pay whatever it costs and can't see them ever going down in value unless he gets the urge to start making them again so it's probably a sound investment.
Agree. I remember you selling a Marc Petitjean a few years back, always regret not buying it.

m r roid

On the same basis, my Renzetti Master seems to be appreciating nicely too. Daft
How much are used Renzetti Masters now?? I have an early example No. 781. I bought it through what was 'Piscatoria' in Bakewell. I think it was 1993, or 1994.
It's had 1000's on flies tied on it, and is still in perfect condition. In my humble opinion, they're the best fly tying vice ever made.

pentlandflyman

My Regal Medallion stainless steel jaws and HMH TRV i hope! will at least give me back what i paid for them when i give up tying, i would be surprised if i lost money on them but you never know. I wonder how high LAW prices will get though ? i was contacted by Phil at FTB a few years back offering me one of the re run vises Lawrence made for around £2000 and i wish i had bought it, that was the rough price they were selling for at the time and i didn't think they would go any higher so i couldn't risk it...***** :)

bonefishblues

How much are used Renzetti Masters now?? I have an early example No. 781. I bought it through what was 'Piscatoria' in Bakewell. I think it was 1993, or 1994.
It's had 1000's on flies tied on it, and is still in perfect condition. In my humble opinion, they're the best fly tying vice ever made.
Was that when Charles Picton owned it? I bought much stuff from there, too, and subsequently from Charles when he became Kudos & beyond.

m r roid

Yes, I believe it was within a couple of months after Charles Picton bought the business from Chris Lee

Latest posts