LAW prices going through the roof

pentlandflyman

Pental, how is the Regal stainless steel going these days? Always liked the look of them.
Amazing vice if you only tie trout and salmon flies as anything bigger than a size 2 is a no go. Low profile jaws that hold the hook so tight, almost as tight as a Scotsman holding a pound coin 😂😂😂 I wouldn't part with it and between that and the TRV I've found two vices that cover all my needs and I'm 100% happy with, it's only taken 30+ years 😂😂

Spider

I mainly tie 16 and 18 but I'm assuming to stainless tips are still good for 20 and 22?

The stainless tips look narrower than the midge tips, even though the blurb says midge tips are for v small patterns?

pentlandflyman

I mainly tie 16 and 18 but I'm assuming to stainless tips are still good for 20 and 22?

The stainless tips look narrower than the midge tips, even though the blurb says midge tips are for v small patterns?
The stainless jaws hold down to a size 32 I think...I'm sure I read that somewhere, defo OK for a 22 though so no worries there. The stainless jaws are the lowest profile they do and the midge jaws are the smallest in their standard jaw range, the stainless jaws are on a different level in quality, profile and price!

Yes, I was right! This is from regals site.

The Stainless Steel Vise Head is the smallest profile head in the Regal Vise line. The jaw is manufactured from heat-treated stainless steel that allows for machining the small profile, yet maintains the durability and Bulldog Bite expected in a Regal. Extremely versatile and strong, this vise head can accommodate hook sizes from 32 to 2, making it the trout fisherman’s dream vise.