Leaking waders

snow white

Did you know you can deep freeze aquasure if you put it out of freezer for a couple of hours it works fine then you can refreeze it.

rabmax

I have bought toluene from different ebay sellers over the years.Some containers once opened don't reseal again properly.You end up the next time you need to use it it's evaporated away.I always try to buy this type container now as it doesn't seem to evaporate.
:

Fredmoore

I’ve ordered some isopropyl,some aquasure and now I will need some toluene,it might have been cheaper to buy a new pair of waders lol.

Paul_B

I’ve ordered some isopropyl,some aquasure and now I will need some toluene,it might have been cheaper to buy a new pair of waders lol.
Toluene is available from diving shops in small tins and this would be a good place to ask about the repair to the waders, they know a thing or two about wetsuit repairs.

glueman

I have bought toluene from different ebay sellers over the years.Some containers once opened don't reseal again properly.You end up the next time you need to use it it's evaporated away.I always try to buy this type container now as it doesn't seem to evaporate.
:
should be supplied in a steel tin with a seal then the cap. if carrying in a car take care if any leak of any sort and you will be as high as a kite

Fredmoore

Well I treated the affected area,went out and.......the other leg now leaks,a few patches of de lamination by the look,I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and get a new pair.these are vision,any recommendations,not to expensive please,Simms are out,lol?Disapointed with this de-lamination,the waders are about four years old and I have not come across this before,is it common? should I have looked after them better in some way?i can accept tearing them but this is hard to swallow.

speytime

Has anyone tried to repair a de laminated leak?
If it's only a inch of two I'd try at least to mend it having the toluene/aquasure handy.

mackiia1

Toluene is particularly prone to ignition by static electricity - more so than other flamable solvents.
Don't shake or stir vigorously and keep away from heat or ignition sources.

Oldbones

Waders leaking, yip been there and done that. What I do is try and pin point the leak when I feel it coming in while fishing.
Usually a week later when they are totally dry I turn them inside out. and I hang them from the porch banister.
I then visually look for any damage, I know round about where the leak is, left, right, low, high, back or front.
Then I put a little water in the offending leg, just a small amount, then I wait, look for drips, then add a wee bit more till I see a drip.
Its not a lot of water that I use. just enough to get the leak identified. then I mark it with the wifes make up pen.
Empty the water out, dry them off and patch it with contact glue and a patch.
So far it has worked.
I know that people say that's a no no, but it finds the leaks. But I am not filling up the whole waders with water, not even the whole leg, just enough to get the source of a leak.
And if it gets too bad, I will get other waders, or buy cheap ones, use them knowing that they are expendable.
Waders are very expensive and they should not leak, damage yes normal use no.
If you bought a nice rain coat and it leaked, you would take it back saying its defective.
With the amount of tech there is now they should not leak.

Latest posts