Leeds based fishing buddy's

flymonkey

Hi guys,

I'm an on/off fly fisher for the last few years. I fish for pike and carp on the fly as well as graying and trout. I'm looking for a fishing buddy to head out with.

Any one in the Leeds area up for meeting up

god that sounds like a lonely hearts add :eek:mg:

tye

I'm a lonely fly fisherman from Ossett?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

tye

What's your name?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

seadog26

Hi guys,

I'm an on/off fly fisher for the last few years. I fish for pike and carp on the fly as well as graying and trout. I'm looking for a fishing buddy to head out with.

Any one in the Leeds area up for meeting up

god that sounds like a lonely hearts add :eek:mg:

Knaresborough based, fish mainly on the Wharfe. Joining ASA or BCAA next year if you fancy a teamup

flymonkey

BCAA i know but ASA i dont know what club is that ?

Could/should pick up the BCAA ticket again not fished the gargrave section for a while would be nice to get back on it.

seadog26

BCAA i know but ASA i dont know what club is that ?

Could/should pick up the BCAA ticket again not fished the gargrave section for a while would be nice to get back on it.

ASA is the Leeds angling club, cant choose which one ill pick up next year.
Whats the Bradford angling like Monkey?

flymonkey

I only spent a year on the bradford book, the gargrave water is nice but was a long dive from my house to use as a local stomping ground. The also have fantastic fishing up near Aysgarth ( for me more of a dive up fish for hte day stay over night and fish hte following day)

Leeds book have alot of water that you can fish for other species pike, perch etc they also have a good strech on the warf near pool.

Check the waters and be realistic about which ones you will fish and how often.

ben_tucka

Im based in the Leeds area and wouldn't mind a meet up.

Also Id be interested where you go to fish Pike on the fly.

Ben

northern_fly

Hey there. Also Leeds-based and happy to meet up!

Not sure how much Ill be out over the next few weeks due to some other commitments, but could definitely arrange something for New Year! Plenty of places to choose from around this way.

leadbelly

Would that be Pool in Nidderdale ?

Yep. Tickets from the little tackle and gun shop as you go into Otley. Generaly they are on sale at the petrol station at Pool itself, but it is having a refurb the mo. Shouldnt be long before its finished tho.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Would that be Pool in Nidderdale ?

Wharfedale bud.:thumbs:

Just read your post properly.

j j

I would be happy to have a meet up with any one of you. I know the Pool beat quite well now and happy to show what I know. Pm me if you fancy a walk n fish one weekend.

JJ

flymonkey

Rivers have been hard going this winter, heavy rain before each weekend normally leaves the rivers rising or blown. Conditions like that put me off so I head out to a canal to wet a line. I have put in a new years resolution of only fly fishing all year and trying to still catch form my normal waters... so I'm going to have to man up and learn how to still fish the pool stretch when the waters are up. Planning on trying to swing big black streamers for the Chub next chance I get.

j j

New Leeds book just purchased and hopeful I can sneak a few hours in tomorrow (Wed) on the Pool stretch. Plenty of grayling being caught by the coarse anglers even when the river was carrying a couple of feet extra. Up for a meet up with anyone who fancies it at some point. Wading allowed on this stretch too.

JJ

leadbelly

There seems to be a lot of interest in a meet, may I propose a day on Poklington Canal. Day ticket, on all accounts a good population of fish and some good ones to boot too. Also the bonus of being less effected by the weather. Opinions?