lens advice

codyarrow

IMG_1872 (2).JPG
IMG_1873 (2).JPG

Looking to sell the above lens on ebay and wondering how much to ask? Not really a camera person and bought it a few years back and never used - seem to remember it needed an adaptor to connect to the Sony alpha I had at the time. It might still be on? as it does not quite fit in the original box.

wobbly face

Just done a quick check/research. Found a forum that basically slated the lens, though some defended it on cheep cost and solid build. Dated back to 2008.
Price wise, I've seen it from £39.99 through to £90 (wishful thinking and old listings).

Fishtales

Just done a quick check/research. Found a forum that basically slated the lens, though some defended it on cheep cost and solid build. Dated back to 2008.
Price wise, I've seen it from £39.99 through to £90 (wishful thinking and old listings).
That is a mirror lens which isn't the one he is selling.

Cap'n Fishy

I have a set of Olympus fit Lenses practically worthless at the moment, easker1

You might be surprised at the price old film camera lenses fetch these days, Derek. ;)

On this thread...

... even the lens featured, which I bought for 50 pence, is now changing hands on eBay for £30-40.

You can mount any old lens on pretty much any modern camera with an adaptor. Then you are good to go in manual mode. And they are even better than modern lenses for doing reversed macro, because they have an aperture ring on the lens body. 😜

If you want to raise some cash, get your old lenses onto eBay.

Col

easker1

My Granddaughter is using my old sirius lens on her Pen E-PL. I also have some Edixa lenses, easker1

Cap'n Fishy

As a slight aside, I was quite intrigued by a new lens Canon have brought out for their mirrorless full frame cameras...

RF 800 mm f11 IS STM

Fixed aperture, but at 800 mm you are not doing much stopping down, so I get the idea behind it... and one thirteenth the price of the EF 800 mm f5.6 - and probably about one thirteenth the size! 🤪

I was thinking of hiring a mirrorless for a weekend to see how it compares. I'd be tempted to hire this lens with it, though I would need a 24-105 mm as well, or I'd get a very distorted comparison!

Col

codyarrow

As a slight aside, I was quite intrigued by a new lens Canon have brought out for their mirrorless full frame cameras...

RF 800 mm f11 IS STM

Fixed aperture, but at 800 mm you are not doing much stopping down, so I get the idea behind it... and one thirteenth the price of the EF 800 mm f5.6 - and probably about one thirteenth the size! 🤪

I was thinking of hiring a mirrorless for a weekend to see how it compares. I'd be tempted to hire this lens with it, though I would need a 24-105 mm as well, or I'd get a very distorted comparison!

Col
Aye it's more than 50p. Maybe bid a £1 on that one.

I would be too scared about dropping it to own it. :)

easker1

they are worthless if you try to sell them, I was lucky that we got the adaptor for my G/daughters camera, and that she wanted to use it, she is going to try The wide angle zuiko next easker1

Cap'n Fishy

they are worthless if you try to sell them, I was lucky that we got the adaptor for my G/daughters camera, and that she wanted to use it, she is going to try The wide angle zuiko next easker1

Have you tried to sell them on eBay? The point I am trying to make is that pretty much any old manual lenses are making £30-40 these days.

Col

4wings

I was reminded of a 500mm Centon lens I bought for use with my Pentax cameras it was cheap and I held out no great expectations but I was pleasantly surprised at the results.
I will try and find it in the loft.

codyarrow

Thanks for all the help. Listed it this morning. Let ebay set the price based on past sales of that product - quite surprised!

Latest posts