Lense colour for prescription sunglasses

garrynic

Hi Guys
I’d like some advice on the best all round colour of lenses for prescription sunglasses please
Any advice would be much appreciated
Cheers

arawa

I took advice from 2 optometrists before I splashed out on a pair of prescription Maui Jims. For driving and fishing here in the Highlands they both recommended grey and I am happy with that decision after having used them fishing in bright sun and cloudy conditions (more often cloudy than bright sun😀).

Mrtrout

I have the Costa low light lens Gary, on dull days they really are good for spotting fish, they are just as good in bright sun as well.
S.

Cap'n Fishy

I have 2 pairs of Varifocals in my fishing kit. One pair is Polaroids with brown lenses. I think the colour is largely a matter of taste - eg you could choose grey if you prefer a neutral cast.

The other pair are 'high light transmission' (HLT) ones. The lenses are yellow.

I will wear the Polaroids when it is really bright, or I am wanting to see below the surface of the water. I wear the HLTs when the light is tricky, or glaring, and I am struggling to focus on my dry flies.

Col

garrynic

Thanks Steven
I’m on a bit of a tight budget and they also need to be prescription lenses
Cheers

original cormorant

Thanks Steven
I’m on a bit of a tight budget and they also need to be prescription lenses
Cheers
Tight budget and prescription polaroids can only mean Optilabs.

I have brown and grey vari-focals, which cover the two brightest scenarios but amber/yellow is the low light option. If one colour then to me brown is the obvious choice.
Don't forget to pay attention to the frame design to exclude light entering from the side or be wrap around , high street optician designs may not do this.

garrynic

Tight budget and prescription polaroids can only mean Optilabs.

I have brown and grey vari-focals, which cover the two brightest scenarios but amber/yellow is the low light option. If one colour then to me brown is the obvious choice.
Don't forget to pay attention to the frame design to exclude light entering from the side or be wrap around , high street optician designs may not do this.
Thanks for the info mate
Cheers

garrynic

I have 2 pairs of Varifocals in my fishing kit. One pair is Polaroids with brown lenses. I think the colour is largely a matter of taste - eg you could choose grey if you prefer a neutral cast.

The other pair are 'high light transmission' (HLT) ones. The lenses are yellow.

I will wear the Polaroids when it is really bright, or I am wanting to see below the surface of the water. I wear the HLTs when the light is tricky, or glaring, and I am struggling to focus on my dry flies.

Col
Thanks Col
Cheers

Latest posts