Let's TACKLE cancer

enigma309

End of January, already

OK folks, about 10 hours left to spend your hard earned.

We propose to start listing some of the February lots this afternoon so please bear with us - the chaos is organised, honest (well, almost) but look out for more things you probably hadn't realised you'd need. :D

Once again, a sincere thanks to all participating

arjxh56

I assume that you leave your bid on the forum page and then the highest bidder at midnight is the winner?? Is this correct?

Sorry for being a dumm asssss but just seen the auction and couldn't fins the rules!

Last edited:

enigma309

Hi arjxh,

Bid on the thread
Best offer at midnight tonight wins.
Pay via Just Giving - HERE

Then PM seller with your address for postage if appropriate

Any questions, post here or PM me, mrtrout or tigermoth

EDIT - sellers can also visit the Just giving page to find out if their buyer has paid

Brian

Last edited:

tigermoth

Payment

Morning all...

Thanks to those of you who have made payment for your purchases... it is a tremendous effort all round.

One thing to take notice of...

It has been pointed out to me that we cannot claim giftaid on purchases of auction lots, so when paying for your purchase, please do not tick this option.

If on the other hand you are just making a donation to the cause, you can claim giftaid. We have to be completely scrupulous about this.

For those of you who have paid for a lot and ticked the giftaid option, fear not... I am sorting this out with Justgiving so the bailiffs wont be coming around just yet.

enigma309

February Auction

Ladies and gentlemen, it's getting close to the end of the February auction.

There are still some amazing donations with low prices.
We're all planning our 2011 fishing days so why not try out some of these great offers?

So, at the weekend, during (or between) the rugby, check out what's available.

Good luck and thanks to all

arjxh56

Hi,
Is there any way of donating to other cancer charities such as those mentioned earlier in the thread?
I notice that all of the funds so far appear to be going Cancer Research Uk.... unless i am reading this incorrectly?

I think it would be nice to spread the generosity as all of the charities do a great job.

Thanks

Mrtrout

Hi,
Is there any way of donating to other cancer charities such as those mentioned earlier in the thread?
I notice that all of the funds so far appear to be going Cancer Research Uk.... unless i am reading this incorrectly?

I think it would be nice to spread the generosity as all of the charities do a great job.

Thanks
Which do you have in mind in particular arjxh ?
S.

enigma309

Hi,

Thanks
For those who don't know, and after so many posts stuff gets lost - there's a page for donating to Marie Curie too LINK

The choice is yours.

Mrtrout

Just had a PM from edd7, who is stuck on an oil rig at the moment.
He has just deposited £707 plus £198 in tax relief from the sale of badges for the Let's tackle cancer fund. :eek:
Now that takes some doing, edd and Colin have worked hard on this side of the fund, and have never stopped in their efort to raise money.
I know Edd lost his father to cancer, and he was on a crusade to do his bit, and boy has he done t.
A BIG thank you to you both for all the hard work, you ran with a good idea, and look what you have achieved. ;)
Stunning stuff lads and we are all very grateful.
Steven, Brian, Dave, and the forum.

Mrtrout

Alan West memorial trophy match.

I have just been contacted by Andy, (wesleybrown999) Andy organises the Alan West memorial trophy match at Rutland each April.
This year as a very kind gesture, he agreed to donate £100 from the prize money to the LTC fund, this was apart from the auction lot he put up for a boat and 8 fish tickets etc.
A big thanks Andy for thinking of this, and organising it all, and also thanks to all who took part in the match, as they all contributed in one way or another.
Cheers Steven and the team.

wingman

What about a draw for something where people can buy a ticket, an example would be say if people donated some fly tying materials and these were put together and offered as the prize for the draw, it could raise more money than say if it was offered as just a lot if there was plenty of interest in it. Just a thought....

Mrtrout

What about a draw for something where people can buy a ticket, an example would be say if people donated some fly tying materials and these were put together and offered as the prize for the draw, it could raise more money than say if it was offered as just a lot if there was plenty of interest in it. Just a thought....
Hi Mark, just seen this, out last night.
I see your point, it's the logistics of how all the money for tickets etc could be handled, that springs to mind.
I will have a chat with Brian, appreciate your idea though. ;)
S.