Let's TACKLE cancer

Mrtrout

Its just a draw Steven not the D Day landings mate:D but I know what you mean but I am sure a way could be worked out somehow, there are people who are in the know on this kind of stuff I'm sure.
No objections at all Mark, feel free to run with it.
S.

wingman

Great Steven, your'e the 'Daddy' so we have it from the top:) I have a packet of turrel deerhair that I will probably not use as I got sent 2 packets by mistake and a roll of fluorescent orange tying silk and probably a few other things that I havn't used and I would be glad to help out in any shape or form. It might be a good idea to put a little mention in the fly tying section also, that is if the prize is going to be fly tying related, there might be people with other good ideas that could be better, that was just an idea I thought of but in no way am I suggesting that it should be used, it was just an example really of what sort of thing might work in relation to a draw being held.

Mrtrout

Mark, Steven, I have a few spare tying materials that I will gladly donate if this goes ahead. Just let me know.:thumbs:
Thanks Eddie, knew you would be along, ;) but I and Brian have enough on thanks, so please direct all PM's/donations etc to Wingman, Mark.
I'll be on an aeroplane in less than 15 hours, and wont be back until the 19th, so not much good to anyone for a while as I intend to help the Spanish economy by drinking lot's of Scotch.
Cheers S.

Last edited:

wingman

Thats ok steven I can take the pressure man, you go and have a nice relaxing holiday you deserve it, all the work youv'e put in, youv'e worked your little waders off you have, don't drink too much scotch though, you'll dehydrate and we wouldn't want you coming back all wrinkled like a dried plum would we,:whistle:
Anyway I think if we get enuff responses for donating fly tying stuff it could be a goer then we just put it all together saying who donated what and offer it as the prize and anyone who wants to buy a ticket (virtual ticket that is) will have to pay say £1.00 for it. If we get 30 tickets sold that would be great. The only logistics involved would be where to send the stuff to and the money for paying the postage and packaging to send the prize to the winner (this may have to come out of the charity fund) and also the actual payment for the tickets would have to be paid to the charity fund and a ticket number allocated at the same time preferably, obvioulsy more than one ticket could be purchased by an individual if they wanted to donate more and give them a chance of winning. In the meantime if anyone has any fly tying materials/items they would like to donate just email me at marks.mugs@yahoo.co.uk anything will be appreciated (god I'm starting to sound like Steven:eek: must be catching.

cheers

mark

enigma309

Mark much respect and good luck.

Just one comment - there is no accessible "charity fund" - we don't, and never have seen any of the pennies - it all goes straight to the "Just Giving" accounts.

A good thing is that tying materials don't tend to be heavy, so postage shouldn't be a big issue.

Eddie O'Neill

Thanks Eddie, knew you would be along, ;) but I and Brian have enough on thanks, so please direct all PM's/donations etc to Wingman, Mark.
I'll be on an aeroplane in less than 15 hours, and wont be back until the 19th, so not much good to anyone for a while as I intend to help the Spanish economy by drinking lot's of Scotch.
Cheers S.
Steven, enjoy the holiday, don't stress, we'll all be ok with out you.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mrtrout

Thats ok steven I can take the pressure man, you go and have a nice relaxing holiday you deserve it, all the work youv'e put in, youv'e worked your little waders off you have, don't drink too much scotch though, you'll dehydrate andwe wouldn't want you coming back all wrinkled like a dried plum would we,:whistleYou have met me Mark on a few occasions so you should know by now that I already look like that. :p:D:D
I am sure a man of your talents can make a great success of it. ;)
Wrinkly. S.

wingman

Mark much respect and good luck.

Just one comment - there is no accessible "charity fund" - we don't, and never have seen any of the pennies - it all goes straight to the "Just Giving" accounts.

A good thing is that tying materials don't tend to be heavy, so postage shouldn't be a big issue.
We'll figure it out somehow Brian, worst case scenario I'll foot the postage myself (as long as there's no really heavy or large objects like a snowbee vice or a hares full skin etc etc). The packages could be sent to my address at my Monaco tax haven residence (I wish) if packages are small enuff to get thru a letterbox and are not sent rec delivery as there is usually noone in during the day. Obviously people will have to trust me and I know that some of you know that I tie flies myself and might be thinking...erm well he might just help himself to a few things while he's at it.... so I wouldn't want to upset the applecart in that respect and people are welcome to nominate a more highly rated forum member than myself as caretaker then thats fine. With regard to the materials sent I would also mention the persons name or username and what they have submitted, so whoever wins can check to see if all the items are correct and present.. i will obviously be exempt from buying a ticket for obvious reasons, the thought of being lynched by a raging throng of cheated fly tiers if I somehow ended up the recipient of the wiining ticket does not somehow appeal.:(

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Thats ok steven I can take the pressure man, you go and have a nice relaxing holiday you deserve it, all the work youv'e put in, youv'e worked your little waders off you have, don't drink too much scotch though, you'll dehydrate andwe wouldn't want you coming back all wrinkled like a dried plum would we,:whistleYou have met me Mark on a few occasions so you should know by now that I already look like that. :p:D:D
I am sure a man of your talents can make a great success of it. ;)
Wrinkly. S.
Well a sultana then:D

Mrtrout

Steven, enjoy the holiday, don't stress, we'll all be ok with out you.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Never doubted it for one minute Eddie, probably better off without me, some might say. ;)
S.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

We'll figure it out somehow Brian, worst case scenario I'll foot the postage myself (as long as there's no really heavy or large objects like a snowbee vice or a hares full skin etc etc). The packages could be sent to my address at my Monaco tax haven residence (I wish) if packages are small enuff to get thru a letterbox and are not sent rec delivery as there is usually noone in during the day. Obviously people will have to trust me and I know that some of you know that I tie flies myself and might be thinking...erm well he might just help himself to a few things while he's at it.... so I wouldn't want to upset the applecart in that respect and people are welcome to nominate a more highly rated forum member than myself as caretaker then thats fine. With regard to the materials sent I would also mention the persons name or username and what they have submitted, so whoever wins can check to see if all the items are correct and present.. i will obviously be exempt from buying a ticket for obvious reasons, the thought of being lynched by a raging throng of cheated fly tiers if I somehow ended up the recipient of the wiining ticket does not somehow appeal.:(

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Well a sultana then:D
I nominate wingman, trustworthy hard working and makes nice mugs. :p

wingman

Thanks steven I can see you know a rough diamond when you see one:D you know you really must get that quote selection thing sorted, I mean how many thousands of posts have you had and you still havn't got it amigo. Have a nice holiday by the way and bring back some costa rain with you please, the fish are dieing of thirst over ere.:mad:

Mrtrout

Thanks steven I can see you know a rough diamond when you see one:D you know you really must get that quote selection thing sorted, I mean how many thousands of posts have you had and you still havn't got it amigo. Have a nice holiday by the way and bring back some costa rain with you please, the fish are dieing of thirst over ere.:mad:
I am a technophobe Mark, can't be doing with all this clever stuff like you. :p
It was raining in our village in Spain up until yesterday. :eek: so not sure what to expect, but the bars have roofs on, so I can still get sultanered. :wine:
See you later.
S.

wingman

Can anyone please give me some advice on how to set-up a payment system for the fly tying materials draw? I am hoping to sell the tickets at £1.00 each which will be paid to the LTC charity. If anyone has any experience of the best and right way to go about doing this it would be a huge help.

Thanks alot

mark

megaflies

get the £1s paid to you. Keep a good record and make it public...i.e.

start a new ticket draw thread, set a time and keep editing until the draw closes....

example, this is the hard part.

bob...5 tickets ( 111, 112, 113, 114, 115)
billy...2 tickets (123, 143,)
ben...1 ticket (765)
drew...1 ticket (654)
mac...2 tickets (543)

keep adding names and numbers as they are bought.

Keep a hard copy on your desk as well.

once the draw is closed you can go about pulling the numbers out of the hat (or very large box) I would use somone that is in the public eye, councillor, solicitor, manager that is interested in fishing or a fishing company or large shop etc. Even ask at the local newspaper editorial office, they might run a spread.

Just an idea to keep it all simple.

when its over transfer the funds to the LTC organizer.

wingman

That seems like a very feasable way of doing it megaflies, so people would pay the money into my paypal account and I would have to keep track of the payments that were coming in, I'm assuming that each payment would show the persons name in my paypal account. I am hopeing to ask mrtrout to do the actual draw, as he started the LTC charity, so I think it would be a nice gesture if he was to do it. Thanks very much for the good advice.

cheers

mark

megaflies

That seems like a very feasable way of doing it megaflies, so people would pay the money into my paypal account and I would have to keep track of the payments that were coming in, I'm assuming that each payment would show the persons name in my paypal account. I am hopeing to ask mrtrout to do the actual draw, as he started the LTC charity, so I think it would be a nice gesture if he was to do it. Thanks very much for the good advice.

cheers

mark
yep, sounds good, hard part will be matching real names to forum names. Ask members to include their forum name as a note on the paypal payment.