Line clips

James86

Hello I am new to fly fishing and I would like to know if I need a tippet for lake fishing and allso can I use clips on the end of line so I can change flies easy and does they work with wet and dry flies thanks

Mrtrout

Hello I am new to fly fishing and I would like to know if I need a tippet for lake fishing and allso can I use clips on the end of line so I can change flies easy and does they work with wet and dry flies thanks
you need tippet for any fly fishing, you can’t tie a fly to your fly line.
I don’t like the clips personally, you can use them for dries or wets, but much better to tie your fly on properly.
S.

3lbgrayling

James.You can get away with a straight through leader..and I found the clips were not reliable.Just learn to tie a Half Blood knot.

Jim

GEK79

Now if your a beginner the a choice and not for everyone is to have a welded looped fly line.. Attach a looped tapered leader loop to Loop connection. And attach your fly to the end of your tapered leader.. Just an option there is lots of experience and knowledge here for you.. Good luck and enjoy.
Gary