Line not lying straight after landing on water

ohanzee

No need I said it a couple of pages ago. ;)

Both lines are fairly cheap. But fair enough I'll accept the intermediate loading with water is just a dud.

You could just let it sink and use it as an intermediate, and put line slick on the intermediate and use it as a floater :D

lhomme

The Tangled approach - 'I don't understand religion' so I'll start a thread called 'understanding religion', collect up all the various bits of information on each bit on Google and slot them in.

Then discuss the bits I don't agree with, if anyone disagrees or tries to explain something that I don't agree with they are wrong, and stupid, if they disagree they obviously don't understand, if they agree I'll add it to my understanding.

Ok that's me an expert now, I don't believe in religion but I am a high priest of understanding it, and I can decide what is right and what is wrong just by calling my opinion objective fact.
Emperor's clothes are the latest fashion. It's only fools like us who can't see them.

Last edited:

Rhithrogena

No need I said it a couple of pages ago. ;)

Both lines are fairly cheap. But fair enough I'll accept the intermediate loading with water is just a dud.
I've got an 'intermediate' that was cheap. Like £5-£6 cheap. Caimore iirc. I am pretty sure it is from a batch of failed floaters that had insufficient glass beads in the mix. Why do I think this? It floats for a good while and then starts to sink tip first. Oh, and it's MINT GREEN 😂
It is my favourite line for pulling wets and fishing buzzers in a flat calm. It sinks very slowly once it's 'soaked' and id bright enough I can see where it is just under the surface. Really good line...

karlsson

So as the thread was answered in three posts here is a question. I have two fly lines one 7wt one 5wt, both intermediates. The 7wt hits the water and is an intermediate. The 5wt hits the water and floats for 5 mins, until it absorbs water, becomes heavier, and becomes an intermediate for the whole day. Why the manufacturing difference?

Pvc and PU are from the get go intermediate, Bubbles are put in the coating to make them floating, tungsten to make them sink faster. If one put fat on the coating you can make a intermediate "float" in the surface tension. A 5 has less mass and less material than a 7 so will easier "float" and since we have fat on our skin, just handling a light intermediate can cause it to have trouble breaking surface tension.

Cheers
Lasse

Latest posts