Line sticking?

bobmiddlepoint

When the rod and line are dry you can get a good cast even though the line is wrapped around between rings, when it gets wet it sticks sort of thing.

Yes but it's not going to take two hours to get wet is it?
Also, while we have all missed a ring, you do tend to notice it pretty quickly.

I'm not trying to be unkind but I just don't buy "line cast out perfectly" to "I'd get about 15ft out and the line would not shoot out" in two hours being down to a missed ring or a bit of swamp snot off the water...

Andy

ohanzee

Yes but it's not going to take two hours to get wet is it?
Also, while we have all missed a ring, you do tend to notice it pretty quickly.

I'm not trying to be unkind but I just don't buy "line cast out perfectly" to "I'd get about 15ft out and the line would not shoot out" in two hours being down to a missed ring or a bit of swamp snot off the water...

Andy

Was it two hours?

I'm guessing if you can only get 15' and can't work out why it's very likely just slack line and not very good casting, you need to whip pretty quick to get past 15' to get enough weight to get the rod loaded, bending line pulling etc, once you got enough weight out should be fine.

A chronic case of slack line?

bobmiddlepoint

Was it two hours?

I'm guessing if you can only get 15' and can't work out why it's very likely just slack line and not very good casting, you need to whip pretty quick to get past 15' to get enough weight to get the rod loaded, bending line pulling etc, once you got enough weight out should be fine.

A chronic case of slack line?

Was it two hours :unsure:
Out yesterday on a local reservoir and after two hours I had great difficulty getting the line out.

I wish I'd thought of the issues with rod loading...
Try starting with 15 feet of line out and go from there. It might simply be that you are trying to start the cast with just a couple of feet of line outside the rod top which will make hard work of it.

Oh hang on, it's the lost art of reading again :rolleyes:

Andy

ohanzee

I'm taking a break from fitting insulation, and tired, and the OP is no where to be seen, so forgive me for not reading back.

Latest posts