little winged spider for summer

doobrysnatcher

Nice neat flies!
thanks 4wings theres still plenty room for improvement but i think i am progressing , most of the spiders i posted in the last few weeks ive never seen in real life and some ive never even seen a picture ,so now mostly im winging it excuse pun

mackiia1

Add this one to your collection Doobry.
This fly is just brilliant when the river is fining down after a flood - when it has that brownish/copper tinge colour to the water. Works all year round .Smaller sizes as the year progresses.

Body - Glowbrite #7 Floss
Rib - Gold Wire
Hackle- Black Hen

Attachments

doobrysnatcher

Add this one to your collection Doobry.
This fly is just brilliant when the river is fining down after a flood - when it has that brownish/copper tinge colour to the water. Works all year round .Smaller sizes as the year progresses.

Body - Glowbrite #7 Floss
Rib - Gold Wire
Hackle- Black Hen
thanks heres one i did
blk and orange spider.jpg
and 1 i knocked out un tested
the 2 tone partridge 2tone partridge 4g.jpg
lurex partridge 2 tone.jpg
lurex partridge.jpg[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

baca157

according yo malcolm greenhalgh book / phamplet spider guide its a winged spider
My apologies. Didn’t know that.

Out of curiosity, what makes it a winged spider rather than a wet fly? I always thought that what makes spider a spider is the lack of wing.

Another lesson learned

Cheers,
Sebastian

doobrysnatcher

i hear what your saying, when i read it i was suprised also, but as he says its a winged spider ,its a winged spider ,:unsure:

wjg

Thanks so much iain. Spiders were always a bit of a mystery to me. Was it imitative or just the movement that made them so successfully? The penny finally dropped when I saw the cripple "posed" like that.

iainmortimer

Thanks so much iain. Spiders were always a bit of a mystery to me. Was it imitative or just the movement that made them so successfully? The penny finally dropped when I saw the cripple "posed" like that.
You’re very welcome and glad it helped. Form what I can understand spiders were originally fished upstream too rather than the across and down more typically used today.

Latest posts