LL Bean Goretex Paclite Wading jacket from USA

badcaster

This is nice, thin Paclite 2 layer, £200 list including taxes shipping and duty, picked it up with 20% discount too so just under £160. Good sized pockets, easily fit 6x4 fly box, zippered hand warmer pockets same size, no inside pockets, no back pouch, cuffs well sealed with soft feel stretch rubber, d ring on back, two loops in chest for zingers, Velcro fly patch, very lightweight, 2 layer Goretex, YKK zippers, good size easily fits over waistcoat. Customer service were ace supplying all measurements to ensure a costly return would not be needed.
This is thin though so layers needed underneath, ideal for wet summer days, but room enough to layer up in autumn.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    713.6 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    742.7 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    710.8 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    694.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

badcaster

Gave this a run out in solid rain last weekend. Jacket held up, damp inside due to my excessive layers and sweat, the breathability of these I believe reduces significantly when they are wetted! However, problems with the pockets, hand warmer pocket zips not waterproof design, which itself is not different to many, but the contents of both pockets were ringing wet at the end of the day. There is also only a thin material liner that separates hand warmer and fly box pocket, so fly boxes ended up dampened as well. Must say though the jacket held up very well, I'll resolve the pocket issue myself as refund requires me to pay post return cost to USA of £33, they say it's designed that way...and not a fault???

Mrtrout

Gave this a run out in solid rain last weekend. Jacket held up, damp inside due to my excessive layers and sweat, the breathability of these I believe reduces significantly when they are wetted! However, problems with the pockets, hand warmer pocket zips not waterproof design, which itself is not different to many, but the contents of both pockets were ringing wet at the end of the day. There is also only a thin material liner that separates hand warmer and fly box pocket, so fly boxes ended up dampened as well. Must say though the jacket held up very well, I'll resolve the pocket issue myself as refund requires me to pay post return cost to USA of £33, they say it's designed that way...and not a fault???

Good honest review thanks.
S.