Llyn Padan

tall tom

If anyone is interested in how padan is fishing at the moment....well.... its fishing well, here’s a handful of the dozen caught this morning

Couldn’t of asked for more perfect conditions, nearly caught a couple of swimmers and had our picture taken by everyone who past in the train

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

airsprite

Well done thats a cracking days boat fishing.
Not fished Padarn yet, cycled round it last year and it looked really nice.
Had a day on Nantle and another on Cwellyn,last year, plenty of fish but a bit smaller than yours.
Where do you get the Tickets?

Steve

tall tom

I believe you can get day tickets from the cwellyn arms, I’m actually staying in the fishing club cottage that comes with free fishing to all their waters,
Home
Cant recommend it enough, TIP..bring waders you need to walk the boats out a bit

airsprite

Thanks, thats where we got tickets for the other lakes.
Right about needing waders, the water levels were very low when we fished and it was difficult to get the boats out.

steve

ian1104

Hi Tom,

Congrats on the fish.
I also fish Padarn, from a boat but haven't had the best success. Can I ask what methods you were using? Flies/line etc... Assuming you were fishing the Brynrefail end of the lake?

Thanks
Ian

tall tom

Umm couldn’t tell you what area I was fishing other than the “top end” up by the sword but on the train track side.
Method was cast toward the bank with an intermediate with some long slow pulls. Flies that did the business were blue Zulu, coch y bonddu and a gold dabbler. Got a lot of attention from fish by dribbling my flies right into the boat as well

ian1104

fished for 3+ hours on the intermediate, no luck. Switched to a floater and had 1 fish...

Did have a nice day on Cwellyn the day after, landed 8 and lost many more.

Ian