Long tail tits x7

glas y dorlan

I’m fortunate to have a dozen long tailed tits visit the bird feeders three to four times a day. It’s interesting that whilst they land mob handed, one or two of the group take up positions in near by trees or shrubs and act as look outs I suspect.
They then swap positions but as already stated, they disappear within a minute or so.
They don’t scare as easily as other tit family members either in my opinion.

Cap'n Fishy

Been trying to catch a long-tailed tit with the camera when walking the cycle path. I often get glimpses of them, but usually too high, or too fleeting to get the camera out... and even when I get the camera out in time, there is the task of getting it on them and focused and getting a shot before they bounce off and away.

Finally managed a whole 2 frames today before the wee fellow flew off - albeit he was a bit higher than I would have liked! Pity about the big branch right across the middle, too. It's a start though!

Flowers04Feb20_5686.jpg

Flowers04Feb20_5685.jpg

Col

delray

Periodically we have a few visit our garden and photographing them is all but impossible with my mobile phone, but that's not the point.
I've never noticed the orange around the top of the eye; just beautiful in photo 2. Many thanks.

Mrtrout

Lovely difficult shots, my little band of seven had turned to ten this morning, they seem to visit daily now but only for about half an hour then they vanish.
Fat balls are their favourite, I have coconut shells as well but only the blue tits concentrate on them.
I get four from ASDA every six weeks with my delivery, only 50p each, I saw them in half and the two halves last just over a week, great to watch.
S.

original cormorant

There seem to be more LTT's in my garden this year. They definitely prefer peanuts to sunflower chips I don't offer them fat balls. The other tits generally prefer sunflower chips. The marsh tits also seem more numerous this year.

Most years I have greater spotted woodpeckers - but don't recall seeing one this year.

Not sure how it works but male bullfinches are occasional whereas females are pretty much ever present in winter.